Kenwood radios config files

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Kenwood radios config files

Post by yo3ggx »

A new configuration file for TS2000 is now available online, in the central repository.
I want to thanks Fernando (IW6OVD) for his contribution.
What's new/changed:
- functional frequency feedback
- functional S-Meter
- functional SWR-meter
- buttons allocation:
Option button 1: NR (3 options: NR1ON, NR2ON and OFF)
Option button 2: NB (2 options: ON and OFF)
Option button 3: BC (2 options: BC1 and OFF)
Option button 4: AGC (3 options: SLOW, FAST and OFF) also calibrated the values
Option button 5: PRE (2 options: ON and OFF)
Option button Fn-1: ANT (2 options: 1 and 2)
Option button Fn-2: ATU (3 options: OFF, ON and TUNE)
Option button Fn-3: ATT (2 options: ON and OFF)

Any other help to add new commands is welcome.

Thank you.
Dan YO3GGX
RIJ

Post by RIJ »

Same situation here with the TS-570, when you use the CAT port to key the transceiver, front mic audio jack is the one active.
If you can have a different port for PTT, that will route audio to the rear port of the transceiver for those using digital interfaces.
:D After that the app is complete.

Maybe add the date under the UTC clock, or on top. Or in the orange field after you get the paid version. HI
Maybe we can issue an IF; command in the beginning when the program starts and read the transceiver's status to populate the frequency and mode.
Transceiver's reply would be:
IF00003826940 099001 0601000008
11 digits for frequency, followed by spaces, followed by RIT ON/OFF, RIT freq, memory number , mode(LSB/USB, etc), and so on.

Even a simple FA; to get the response FA00003826940; and we can use assumptions such as 1.8-10mhz LSB and USB for any band above.

Great job on the last update of both the pRxTx and the Java file Dan!
I don't know how you do it all, but I'm glad for all your work.

RJ
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi RJ,
RIJ wrote:Same situation here with the TS-570, when you use the CAT port to key the transceiver, front mic audio jack is the one active.
If you can have a different port for PTT, that will route audio to the rear port of the transceiver for those using digital interfaces.
:D After that the app is complete.
Same situation occurs with other transceivers too. This is a feature to be added in the next version of jAReC.
A special PTT command will be defined in Pocket RxTx which will trigger the second serial port (RTS signal) instead of a CAT command. Another option will be to use RTS signal from the same serial port as the one used for CAT.
Maybe add the date under the UTC clock, or on top. Or in the orange field after you get the paid version. HI
Orange field is used to display info saved with the memory buttons. I can make eventually this field display date when nothing else.
Maybe we can issue an IF; command in the beginning when the program starts and read the transceiver's status to populate the frequency and mode.
In the config file there is a special line named "STARTUP". You can add there the read commands you want to be executed at application startup. Use something like this:
STARTUP=CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A,CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-B,CMD_READ_MODE

This will do exactly what you want.

Great job on the last update of both the pRxTx and the Java file Dan!
I don't know how you do it all, but I'm glad for all your work.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. This is what makes me go further. I have a lot of things to add in the future releases. More will follow.

73 Dan YO3GGX
RIJ

Post by RIJ »

Dan,
I added the following lines in bold. I am sure I'm doing something wrong because it is not reading the frequency and mode at startup.

; read commands format
; command,separator(<R>)nr.of.expected.bytes/binary mask if one byte answer or bytes order (<Bx> if multiple bytes, where 0 is used for
dummy byte (if any)
CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A=00,00,00,00,03,<R>,<D87>,<D65>,<D43>,<D21>,<00>
CMD_READ_MODE=00,00,00,00,03,<R>,<00>,<00>,<00>,<00>,<01=LSB;02=USB;03=CW;07=CWR;05=AM;04=FM;06=DIG;09=DIGR>
CMD_READ_SMETER=00,00,00,00,E7/<00001111>
CMD_READ_SWR=00,00,00,00,F7/<00001111>
CMD_READ_ALC=00,00,00,00,F7/<00001111>
CMD_READ_MOD=00,00,00,00,F7/<00001111>

CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A=<SFA;>
CMD_READ_MODE=<SMD;>

; list of commands to be sent at startup (usually read different parameters in order to be able to work after that without feedback, for
max. responsiveness
STARTUP=CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A,CMD_READ_MODE

So the program should read into the original CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A and my CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A=<SFA;> may not be necessary but I don't know if the original line CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A=00,00,00,00,03,<R>,<D87>,<D65>,<D43>,<D21>,<00> has the correct format for the radio to read bytes into.

TS-570D and S link to the pdf manual here. Page 77 is the commands page.

Relu
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Relu,

This is wrong. Read commands follow a special syntax. Please use the config file from TS2000, the latest one named "IW6OVD".
Is available in the central online repository, long press on HELP button an select LOAD.
That one includes read commands for frequency, mode, S-meter and SWR-meter. If it works for you, I will update the TS570 config file too. As I'm aware, the two radios shares similar CAT commands.

If you want to just read the frequency and mode at STARTUP and no feedback (for faster response time), do not activate the feedback from the Pocket RxTx interface and set the line
STARTUP=CMD_READ_FREQ_VFO-A,CMD_READ_MODE
as in your example.

73 Dan YO3GGX