Adding an AndroidAuto mobile connection

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
wm7wmobile

Adding an AndroidAuto mobile connection

Post by wm7wmobile »

I have the following recommendation for your Pocket rxRXTX product. I want to use this application in my Chevrolet car. It has the integrated audio/video system and the touch screen display can be accessed through Android Auto. Android Auto applications must conform to their spec. But basically they have you reformat the screen to fit their display spec.

https://developer.android.com/training/auto/

This will allow me to use an old android phone connected to my car system with a USB cable and use a Bluetooth connection to an FT-817, 857 etc or IC-706 or other common rigs. I really don’t have any room on the dash or nearby to mount a control head or radio. I could just use AndroidAuto mode and see Pocket RXTX on the in dash display and control the radio. I might consider a tuning knob by the seat with a rotating cable to turn the dial encoder for frequency change without fiddling with the touch screen.
Thanks for considering this.
Dan – WM7W
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Adding an AndroidAuto mobile connection

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello.

Android Auto support is on my wish list for a future release Things are not so simple, is not just about a redesigned interface, but a lot more.

Thank you for your feedback.
73 Dan YO3GGX