XIEGU X-108G transceiver support

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

XIEGU X-108G transceiver support

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi.

Let's discuss here the work in progress for this transceiver support.

73 Dan YO3GGX
DD5LP

Re: XIEGU X-108G transceiver support

Post by DD5LP »

Just to add some technical information - the X108G from Xiegu is a Chinese HF 20w transciever, which obeys "some" of the ICOM IC-7000 CiV codeset.

..It uses a built in serial control chip, the STMicroelectronics STM32 Virtual ComPort in FS Mode. Vendor ID 1155 (HEX 0483) Product ID 22336 (HEX 5740)

The USB connection on the back of the rig is a micro-USB connector.

Dan is currently helping me to try to get this rig working with PRxTxE v 3.0b5.

I have created an X108G radio file based on the IC7000 one and also created a jpg picture file, which Dan has kindly loaded to the central database. The radio file is subject to change as it is a first attempt by me of creating this file. So if anyone else on this forum also has an X108G and wish to try controlling the radio (possibly over the jAReC app on a PC with the X108G connected to the PC with it's Windows drivers loaded) please feel free to try and report back.

Currently the Android phone USB connection to rig configuration is not working - at least it's not working for me.

73 Ed DD5LP.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Just a small recommendation for all trying to use the app with this radio. Please use the experimental version (currently 3b5) as the old 2.x version from Play Store will soon become obsolete.
I'll do my best to make this radio compatible with my app as soon as possible.

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Some good news. USB is now working with the XIEGU transceiver. Still some (not related) fixes to be implemented, but I hope to be able to release 3b6 during the next weekend.

73 Dan YO3GGX
DD5LP

Post by DD5LP »

If anyone else is trying this rig with PocketRxTx - please reload the radio file from the central repository as I have created a much better version than my first effort and Dan has kindly loaded it there. In breif "most" features are now working via network, some problems still via USB, but getting close.

73 Ed.