jarecmini on a raspberry

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
N1KK

Re: jarecmini on a raspberry

Post by N1KK »

Raspberry Pi 3B+ Raspian OS Stretch FULL VERSION installed from NOOBs (same as Ed) and I have tried non NOOBs install of Raspian stretch FULL Version.
I am using a USB to TTL cable which I have used for many years with Ham Radio Deluxe and most recently with FLRIG, FLDIGI, FT8, and FT8Call
For audio I am using a SignaLink USB. When Ed comes back from vacation we will try and get the audio working.
For now using MUMBLE on raspberry pi and PLUMBLE on the cell. Works good.

I still have to keep FLRIG running to prevent jarecmini from shutting down when I exit Pocket RX TX. I have verified
when I close FLRIG the close Pocket RX TX jarecmini also closes preventing me from connecting again.

I am using the same Java as Ed. He doesn't have jarecmini drop out when he exits from Pocket rx tx
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.2-BellSoft" 2019-01-15
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.2-BellSoft+7)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 11.0.2-BellSoft+7, mixed mode)

Ed has edited the IC-746 file to fix some features not working.

Audio OFF, SECURE OFF.
That is my working status.

Ken
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Ken,

As stated in jAReC/jarecmini user guide, only java 8 is currently supported, even if for some users v11 may work too.
I'm not using Noobs, but direct install of Raspbian Buster Lite (no GUI) and then manually install only the required packages, including openjdk8.

73 Dan YO3GGX
N1KK

Post by N1KK »

Hello Dan,
I believe I started with the version of java you mentioned then with instructions from Ed we elected to try
what version he was using to see if that would make a difference. No change.

I have changed my USB to TTL adapter (Prolific type) to a Silicon Labs 2102.
This change has improved the situation letting me a get a few connect/disconnect/connects
but it will at some point crash jarecmini.

I have also tried Jarec in place of jarecmini. It seems slightly more reliable but still not 100%

I emailed you some pictures of what the error message is I get with jarecmini and Jarec

Ken
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Ken.

Please send me the version of your Raspbian OS (uname -a) and of java (java --version).
I cannot reproduce the errors on my Raspberry Pi 3A+ with the latest version of Raspbian Buster (kernel 4.19) and with openjdk-8-jre/stable 8u212-b01-1+rpi1 armhf

73 Dan YO3GGX