Frequency/Mode Access

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
w5iua

Frequency/Mode Access

Post by w5iua »

Posting this in PocketRXTX because it pertains to that software. Can the radio's current frequency and mode values be extracted somehow and associated with URL variables for a WebSDR? Would like to create URLs with variables pointing to latest frequency and mode without having to manually enter them in a browser WebSDR URL.

Not asking that this functionality be written in PocketRXTX, just wonder if latest frequency and mode data is accessible?

73 Robert W5IUA
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Frequency/Mode Access

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Robert,

I don't think I understand your request and the link with Pocket RxTx. Is something related to the WebSDR server only.

73 Dan YO3GGX
w5iua

Post by w5iua »

PocketRXTX client controls remote radio. PocketRXTX has current frequency and mode of radio.
Would like to know if those values (e.g., 14200 , usb) can be accessed on the device, then (separately from RemoteRXTX) associated with variables in a browser WebSDR session (not WebSDR's accessed with RemoteRXTX)?

This is so latest frequency and mode being used at station can be associated with WebSDR and not have to be put in manually.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

No, the values are not read from the server, but set from the application according to the app GUI and cannot be accessed in other ways than through the GUI.
The client must establish a communication to the server before being able toi set any parameters.

I really don't understand what do you want to achieve.

73 Dan YO3GGX
w5iua

Post by w5iua »

Sorry, don't know how to explain other than what I have already said.
"...cannot be accessed" sounds like the answer to my question, will look elsewhere for a solution.

Thanks & 73...