Icom ic 9700

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Niko

Icom ic 9700

Post by Niko »

Hi Dan congratulations for the Pocket rxtx program because it is simply amazing-
I used another application ,but having recently bought new transceivers I would like this feature to be much more stable .
So I want to concentrate on yours idea ,I need to use it with the new Icom IC 9700 transceiver .
If I can I would like to help you explain me how .

73 Nicola Iw3gcr
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Icom ic 9700

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Nicola,

You can learn how to use the application from the user guide available here:
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/doc30/i.html
You can connect to your transceiver over USB, network (through jAReC) or over Bluetooth.
As IC9700 dedicated config is not yet available in the repository, you can start from another Icom transceiver, for example IC7300.

I will try to add to the repository a config for IC9700 as soon as possible.

73 Dan YO3GGX
DL4KAL

Post by DL4KAL »

Dear Dan,

many thanks for the work you have done up to now. I am a new user with the ICOM IC-9700 in the background. You can drive the 9700 directly to an Ethernet network as it has an appropiate function implemented. So if possible I would like to know the special configuration to use the software for remote driving my TRX.

Thanks and 73's
Wilhelm, DL4KAL
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Wilhelm,

Unfortunately Pocket RxTx can be used over network only if at the other end jAReC or jarecmini is running. Even IC9700 can be directly connected to the network, the protocol is not supported by my app and I have no plans to do it. So you must connect your radio to a PC or Raspberry Pi over cable and then run jAReC or jarecmini on that device.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but I want to keep the platform as open as possible, not using any proprietary protocol.

73 Dan YO3GGX
VR2VRC

Post by VR2VRC »

Dear Dan

i have try to use IC-7300 change the CIV address to IC-9700 but fails, can you help add dedicated config on Web and create config for new device IC-705, thank!

VR2VRC
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello,

If all commands fails, then it may be something else. Is the same baudrate set on both ends?
Currently I'm out of town, but I will try to add the two radios configs as soon as possible.

73 Dan YO3GGX