Pocket RxTx V3.0 Pro - How to edit RADIO Flies

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Chris.G3YTU

Re: Pocket RxTx V3.0 Pro - How to edit RADIO Flies

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

Dear Dan
Many thanks for your patience. jAReC_v4A3 running now and I will do some investigation over the weekend.
Best wishes
Chris G3YTU
VA3MCT

Post by VA3MCT »

jAReC v4 alpha is working well for me, no disconnects when connecting from pRxTx V3 on Android.

I have Yaesu FT847 and Yaesu FT991 which were in jAReC v3, but not yet in V4.

I can help build these, but can I take v3 models as a starting point? if so, how do I download those two models separately to place in the jAReC v4 Alpha config directory?

Mike VA3MCT
Chris.G3YTU

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

Dear Mike
I think these are the v3 files you may need for FT847 & FT991. Good luck.
Chris
Attachments
Pocket RxTx v3 Configs.zip
(56.2 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Mike,
VA3MCT wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:03 pm I have Yaesu FT847 and Yaesu FT991 which were in jAReC v3, but not yet in V4.
I can help build these, but can I take v3 models as a starting point? if so, how do I download those two models separately to place in the jAReC v4 Alpha config directory?
Sample configs in v4 are to be used currently only with jAReC v4 directly. You can create a new config directly from jAReC v4. I've tried to build the interface as simple to use as possible. I hope to be able to update the user guide in the near future. Pocket RxTx v4 will use local configs only in Bluetooth and USB modes. In Network mode, configs from jAReC will be used, in order to simplify communication between Pocket RxTx and jAReC.

More, jAReC v4 can be used to directly control your transceiver from any computer (Windows/Linux/Mac, Raspberry Pi).
I have developed a new application named dAReC, an Android version of jAReC. This is just experimental for the moment, not yet published. This will allow you to use an old Android smartphone to replace a PC with jAReC.

73 Dan YO3GGX
VA3MCT

Post by VA3MCT »

I think I should be able to recreate the required jAReC v4 files for these two radios based on the software you provided to create them and cutting/pasting from the v3 radio files that Chris provided.

It's a long time since I did work like this, but I'll give it a shot.

Mike VA3MCT
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Take a look at the existing sample v4 configs, as the syntax is completely different from v3.

73 Dan YO3GGX