jAReC version 4 beta versions

Here we discuss about both jAReC and jarecmini
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: jAReC version 4 beta versions

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:10 pm I coundn't agree more. I believe that optional is the best solution. But noticed that when enabled, indeed the boxes open behind or to the left and some to the right of the main window (the main window keeps the focus) in some cases, and regarding the meter button... if you press it twice or 3 times... the box will open 3 times ... as many times you click on it ... it will open these many times you click. Of course with happens with "always on top" toggle. When its off... everything works fine.
Will be fixed in v4b10.
Keyboard shortcuts are always nice to have in any application. But i would definetely suggest a PTT lock function in the main PTT button (i have attached a picture / no my best design tho hehehe).
Will be in v4b10 a separate button too... :)
I am also aware and saw the tuner functionatilies... I have selected "transceiver" option for me as i use the internal tuner of the radio (ft-450) but since my antenna is with swr 1.1 on 4 bands... i never use nowadays.
Then you can eventually try SWR function to get the graph for the current band. In this way you can check how reliable is SWR reading from the radio.
Where will it come handy to use client mode ? I must have two PC's for that ? its like a remote connection from a client PC to a host PC right ? I can test it i assume.. :)
Yes, the idea is to be able to operate the radio remotely over the network from another jAReC in client mode.
Did you tried to use a headset with jAReC?
I have to video links of video screenshots regarding the power meter test and also the test of SWR functionality.

1. Power Meter test (to catch the 0) https://www.iplayradio.net/cdn/files/pu ... r-zero.avi
2. SWR test https://www.iplayradio.net/cdn/files/pu ... -again.avi
Nice!

73 Dan YO3GGX
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Just also spotted something else.

While i had the app into direct mode... after clicking on top right corner X button to close main screen
and return to the previous screen, i went into the modes and selected Server (v3) so i could connect with pocketrxtx and suddenly on the screen of Jarec the BaudRate was 0 instead of 38400, the port number box was dissapeared.

So i had to close the app and re-open it again. Afte re-opening everything was back to normal .

Just thought i should mention that Dan.

73s, Jimmy
https://qrz.com/db/sy1dal
.:: Jimmy Sy1Dal ::.
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Will be in v4b10 a separate button too... :)
Nice one ---- very nice :) I am sure v10 will be amazing.
Then you can eventually try SWR function to get the graph for the current band. In this way you can check how reliable is SWR reading from the radio.
Already done it and you can see in the video presentation i tested SWR in all 4 bands (i am allowed to operate).
I think its accurate (the graph). Well done.
Yes, the idea is to be able to operate the radio remotely over the network from another jAReC in client mode.
Did you tried to use a headset with jAReC?
Ok got it... well it will sure then come in handy. Will test it too. As for the headset i haven't tested because the pc is remote. In order to test headset i have to be in the remote-radio shack area. With first opportunity will test (but it might take a while).

73s, Jimmy.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:25 pm While i had the app into direct mode... after clicking on top right corner X button to close main screen
and return to the previous screen, i went into the modes and selected Server (v3) so i could connect with pocketrxtx and suddenly on the screen of Jarec the BaudRate was 0 instead of 38400, the port number box was dissapeared.

So i had to close the app and re-open it again. Afte re-opening everything was back to normal .
I've tried here the same sequence and I was not able to reproduce the behavior.
Did this happen for you each time?

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:30 pm Ok got it... well it will sure then come in handy. Will test it too. As for the headset i haven't tested because the pc is remote. In order to test headset i have to be in the remote-radio shack area. With first opportunity will test (but it might take a while).
You said that you control the radio using an echolink interface and you have audio too.
I'm talking about connecting a headset to the PC and select in jAReC the audio interface used by the radio and the one used by the headset.
73 Dan YO3GGX
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

yo3ggx wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:36 pm
SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:25 pm While i had the app into direct mode... after clicking on top right corner X button to close main screen

73 Dan YO3GGX
It happened only once... Haven't tried a second time ..
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

yo3ggx wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:40 pm
SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:30 pm Ok got it... well it will sure then come in handy. Will test it too. As for the headset i haven't tested because the pc is remote. In order to test headset i have to be in the remote-radio shack area. With first opportunity will test (but it might take a while).
You said that you control the radio using an echolink interface and you have audio too.
I'm talking about connecting a headset to the PC and select in jAReC the audio interface used by the radio and the one used by the headset.
73 Dan YO3GGX
I got confused a little. I am using echolink interface just for the audio part only. The echolink interface has other cables to connect... but i use only the audio part. Let me explain.

I have 2 sound cards (usb). One soundcard is only for digital modes, so it gets connected to the data-pin behind the radio.

The second sound card, gets connected to echolink interface. It manages the fully bidirectional audio from radio to pc and vice-versa.

The cat cable is separately connected from radio to pc via usb (serial from one side).

So if i have to connect a headset to the pc i have to remove the cables going into the second sound card and plug in the cables from a headset in order to see if it works. But to do that means, i have to do be there in the radio shack. I can't do it remotely.

73s, Jimmy.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:06 pm So if i have to connect a headset to the pc i have to remove the cables going into the second sound card and plug in the cables from a headset in order to see if it works. But to do that means, i have to do be there in the radio shack. I can't do it remotely.
I still think is a confusion. Let me explain.
In Direct control mode, you have tjhe option to select 2 soundcards, separately for Mic and Speaker.
The radio one, is the audio interface connected to the radio (any of the two in your case). In FT450, as I'm aware, based on the PTT mode used (CAT or PTT pin on the data connector), back audio (6-pin miniDIIN) or mic audio is used by the radio.
Headset is selected separately and is the local headset connected to the PC (USB or direct from audio jack).

Is still not clear why you need to disconnect something. You don't have an USB or Bluetooth headset to connect to your PC without disconnecting the audio interface from the radio?

73 Dan YO3GGX
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:00 pm
yo3ggx wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:36 pm

73 Dan YO3GGX
It happened only once... Haven't tried a second time ..
I remember that when this happened, i was in direct mode for at least 15 minutes. Just in standby... and playing around with the buttons. Trying again for a second time.

EDIT: a second time trying exactly the same steps... nothing happened either to me. Perhaps it was a one-time incident ? Will inform you if it happens again tho.

Now tested the client mode. I can't make it work.. I don't know what i am doing wrong...
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

yo3ggx wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:17 pm
SY1DAL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:06 pm So if i have to connect a headset to the pc i have to remove the cables going into the second sound card and plug in the cables from a headset in order to see if it works. But to do that means, i have to do be there in the radio shack. I can't do it remotely.
I still think is a confusion. Let me explain.
In Direct control mode, you have tjhe option to select 2 soundcards, separately for Mic and Speaker.
The radio one, is the audio interface connected to the radio (any of the two in your case). In FT450, as I'm aware, based on the PTT mode used (CAT or PTT pin on the data connector), back audio (6-pin miniDIIN) or mic audio is used by the radio.
Headset is selected separately and is the local headset connected to the PC (USB or direct from audio jack).

Is still not clear why you need to disconnect something. You don't have an USB or Bluetooth headset to connect to your PC without disconnecting the audio interface from the radio?

73 Dan YO3GGX
Yes we are saying the same thing. I know about the setting of audio in the app on the left side.

I do have an audio headset to connect without disconnecting anything else... but i have to be in the radio shack. Where i live is 50 km range from the radio shack.

73s.