audio transmission yaesu

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Nitram18

audio transmission yaesu

Post by Nitram18 »

Hi, I'm experimenting with pRxTx. Can this software transfer audio from Yaesu ft-897? So I can listen to the station on the phone. Or do you have a software tip directly for windows without an android emulator? I still have a problem compared to the instructions on youtube, I don't have all the features in the application. I miss the squelch there, for example. Thanks for the advice and tips. Martin
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: audio transmission yaesu

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Martin,

For other OS'es (Windows, Linux, Mac, RaspberryPi) you can use jAReC v4. This app supports audio over USB or network.
Please read the app user guide on my web page for more details.
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v4/doc/i.html

Pocket RxTx v3 supports audio only when connected over the network. Again, pls read the user guide to learn how to use it.
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/doc30/i.html
Pocket RxTx I'm working on, will support all jAReC v4 features and many more.

FT897 is a transceiver with a very limited CAT protocol, allowing only a few commands to be send.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Nitram18

Post by Nitram18 »

Thanks a lot. But jAReC doesn't have a profile for FT-897, does it? The application writes "config v4 not yet available for this radio.

MArtin
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi.

To time yet to build configs v4 for all radios, but any user can build a config for any CAT enabled radipo by following the user guide.
For FT897 you can start from the FT817 config, but take care that playing with EEPROM write commands on FT8x7 radios is a little bit dangerous, even I try to take several precautions not to send dangerous commands to the radio.

This is the main issue with CAT on FT8x7 radios.

73 Dan YO3GGX