Beta Android Client Authorization Failure

Here we discuss about both jAReC and jarecmini
K3OS

Beta Android Client Authorization Failure

Post by K3OS »

1. I'm getting an authorization failure, Wrong Password, with the latest Android Beta version. Note that the password is not visible when being typed on the Android.

2. The Windows Server indicates a minimum of 5 letters for password, the Android indicates 8 letters or more.

3. It would be nice to have the option of no password, as V3 had.

Gary
K3OS
K3OS

Re: Beta Android Client Authorization Failure

Post by K3OS »

Update - Android version is 10. Passwords must be upper case. Now, the client connects to the server, but then the client crashes.

I tested the Server in Client mode on another system and it connects just fine.

Gary
K3OS
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

Client seems to run fine on Android V12. On the V10 system it now sometimes works, but mostly crashes. A few observations so far.... a really beautiful and easy to use interface !

1. The Android client is not persistent and the screen timeout timer is in force.
2. When the phone is rotated, the button titles mostly disappear until they are used.

Gary
K3OS
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

Does anyone have the change of band working in pocketrxtx v4 b version? It doesn't work for me, I always switch to cb band.
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

Yes. That works fine for me. The problem would be an incorrect CAT command. There are a few mistakes in my file that I need to correct. Run the Server in Direct mode and see if the band changes work. If they do, the problem is in the file on the phone. Currently downloading from jArec is not yet supported, so you'll have to either edit the file on the phone or copy it to your computer, edit it then move it back.

If the file on the Server in Direct Mode doesn't work, use the Config Editor or manually edit the file.

Gary
K3OS
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

Works great in direct mode. I've tried 4 different phones, none of them work, sometimes the band changed a few times, until it only changes to cb band again.
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

I am assuming that the radio specific files are the same for both the server and Android client. The problem, therefore, seems to be the Android port. The Version 3 stuff worked fine. We'll just have to wait until Dan reappears.

Gary
K3OS
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

Hey. I have used jarec v3. and pocketrxtx v3. because they work perfectly together. Now when I connect, the radio starts tx after a few seconds. I've tried with different phones and PCs, but they all have the same problem, I've also downloaded the programs again, but the problem persists. I would use jarec v4, but I have some problems with it, also pocketrxtx v4 beta doesn't work yet but partially, the change of different frequency ranges is not possible, it always goes to cb band. is the pro version ready for release soon? Waiting for the new 73"
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

also rxtx v3 doesn't work with jarec v4 without problems, i can't get tx sound to work with these anymore.