ICOM756 Control

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: ICOM756 Control

Post by yo3ggx »

jAReC v4 will not start with RTS selected, only with CAT selected. this is true for server mode and for direct.
Let's clarify this sentence.
What do you mean by "jAReC v4 will not start with RTS selected"?
This is how jAReC v4b5 must look when you press on START in v3 compatibility mode with PTT over RTS.
j43.jpg
j43.jpg (50.42 KiB) Viewed 729 times
I didn't test the bridge mode.
This is a generic mode, for general use, let's forget about it.

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Yes, if RTS is pressed, see the attachment for what happens.

Howard
Attachments
Jarec_error.pdf
(52.9 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

This is really strange, as I cannot reproduce this behavior here.
Please use current jAReC v4.0.5 for java 1.8.xx from here (works with both 32 and 64 bit versions of windows, but only with Oracle jre 1.8.xxx):
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v4/jAReC_v4 ... _oct29.jar
This is almost the final v4.0.5, if nothing really wrong will be discovered in between.
Will be officially released together with Pocket RxTx v4b5.

73 Dan YO3GGX
P.S. You can attach the picture here directly, no need to create a PDF file.
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Dan

I have the same error. What are you doing in the code that causes that error to be reported? I couldn't figure out how to put the picture in, since it asks for a URL. Could there be something in the ICOM7300 radio4 file I am using that I need to edit when using the ICOM756 that I didn't edit, that can cause this?

Howard
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Howard,

To add a picture select Attachments tab below and upload the image file (jpg, png). You have the option to put it inline.
If you don't select AutoStart and click on START manually after the COM port is set to green you get the same error?
The error occurs if when the app tries to auto start the COM port is not yet confirmed as available (set to green ). Currently I have a delay on AutoStart, but seems not to be enough for your setup. I modified the code to try to auto start only after the port is set to green. This must solve your issue.
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v4/jAReC_v4 ... _oct30.jar

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Dan:
I am sorry to say, it did not solve the problem. I see no difference between the last 2 versions.
Howard
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Howard.

Sorry for the late reply. I have had some health issues for more than one week already that I have to investigate with high priority.
If you don't select AutoStart and click manually on the START button after the COM port goes green, you still get that error?

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Dan:
Sorry to learn you weren't feeling will. Hopefully that is behind you now.
To answer your question, it doesn't matter, I get the same error.

Howard
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Hi Dan:
How are you? I have a new issue now. I changed internet providers at home, and now I can no longer connect when I use the modem's address. I attached a screen shot of my modems connections. Which address should I use. I tried all of them to no avail. Also, now when I set it up to work locally with my PCs IP address, it works, but again without receive audio, only xmit audio. I have a work around for this, I can listen via teamveiwer. Any thoughts on these issues?

Howard
Attachments
router.pdf
(91.38 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Howard,

According to the picture, the address to use is 173.77.114.248, but this may change as it is dynamically assigned by the ISP.
Better use a dynamic DNS service to assign a name to your external IP.
I suppose port forwarding is correctly set on your router.
If is not working, use a notebook connected to the internet through 4G and check if the ports defined in the port forwarding rule are accessible (using the command 'telnet 173.77.114.248 portnr'.

73 Dan YO3GGX