pocketrxtx update

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Ari

Re: pocketrxtx update

Post by Ari »

yo3ggx wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 am Connect your device to a Windows PC and download he following file:
\Internal storage\Android\data\ro.yo3ggx.rxtxpro\files\Radios\ic7300.prf

Please post file content.
73 Dan YO3GGX
Hey . I’m an old guy already and I have to say it’s going to be a little difficult for me. I'm waiting for you to release version 4, it probably already works. Thanks for a good program, I have been very happy with it.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

I have no explanations for what's happen in your case.
When you reinstall the app or reset it to factory defaults, any preprogrammed keys are lost, but you said that still volume key works as PTT.
The way to assign a key in v4 will be the same, so is better to try to find the root cause in your case.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

Hey. I was chatting with a friend today, he had also updated to a new version. He has exactly the same problems as me.
Ari

Post by Ari »

Hey. This is a great program. The older version worked really well. But this v4 has caused a lot of problems for me, maybe others. There are a lot of bugs here. After installing the updated version and noticing that it doesn't work as it should, I reinstalled the old version. Now there are also problems with the old version, for example that ppt down button that can't be removed. Also, the swr meter no longer gives actual readings. A few times after the end of the transmission, the transmission is left on. Doesn't help even if I turn off the pocketrxtx program. I think the phone will be left with some files from the new version, I don't know. I have set the factory settings twice, I have removed and downloaded pocketrxtx many times, still the problems remain. Because my English is very poor, I can't tell you everything, I expect other users to tell me more. Since my friend and I have the same problems with the program, other users need to have them too. There are really a lot of bugs here that need to be fixed before the official release of v4. I’m really happy to be able to use this program almost for free, and I understand that building it isn’t very easy.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Ari,

Sorry for the late reply, but I've found your reply by chance when trying to do some cleanup in the forum, as I was not notified about your post.
As stated in my previous posts, if you reset the configuration, everything is set to factory default. How did you installed the previous version?

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

Thanks for the new update v3.3. Looks good and works, except the swr display always shows high readings. The PTT button is a bit small, and I think it would fit better under the VFO knob, which currently has a key and a lock button. It's difficult for a left-handed person to use. :D
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello,
What radio are you currently using? IC756? I have to take a look at the configuration file, may need an update.
I will evaluate what other possibilities I have to increase the size of the PTT button.
Unfortunately the smartphone screen is small and there are a lot of controls to display.
I'm thinking to replace the volume slider with a special function for the knob, to be used as volume too.

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

i use ic7300. that slider for volume is really good
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

The new volume adjustment in the vfo knob is good.
Even in this latest version, the swr measurement doesn't work for me. The only version where swr measurement works is the older free version. Other problems found are the sound breaking when sending, I tested with my friend who also uses the latest version, and both had the same sound breaking. Pocketrxtx also loses reception sound after being on for a while. Sometimes the connection to jarec v4.1.1 also breaks, in which case jarec has to be restarted. Previously when I used jarec v.3.0 it stayed on for many weeks without any problems. in the latest jarec versions and pocketrxtx updates, there have been difficulties staying running, as well as with the audio. I still use the old free version and jarec v3.0 because they are reliable. NOTE these are problems that occurred to me and my friend, it might work well for someone else. I use google translator, I hope it translates intelligibly, hi.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

arttuli wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:41 pm Even in this latest version, the swr measurement doesn't work for me. The only version where swr measurement works is the older free version.
I will check this now, as I was 100% occupied to stabilize the new v3.3.
Other problems found are the sound breaking when sending, I tested with my friend who also uses the latest version, and both had the same sound breaking. Pocketrxtx also loses reception sound after being on for a while. Sometimes the connection to jarec v4.1.1 also breaks, in which case jarec has to be restarted. Previously when I used jarec v.3.0 it stayed on for many weeks without any problems. in the latest jarec versions and pocketrxtx updates, there have been difficulties staying running, as well as with the audio. I still use the old free version and jarec v3.0 because they are reliable. NOTE these are problems that occurred to me and my friend, it might work well for someone else. I use google translator, I hope it translates intelligibly, hi.
Did you tried to disable battery optimization for Pocket RxTx? It may be that the OS tries to stop Pocket RxTx services, for battery optimization. The old version was not affected, but did not met the required Google policies, so I cannot revert.
I will try to implement in v3 Audio over TCP functionality (from v4). This will solve any issue with audio breaks.

73 Dan YO3GGX