jAReC Linux

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: jAReC Linux

Post by yo3ggx »

I will take a look at this issue. I think is related to the latency, so for a short period the Rx signal is returned to Tx (through the mike) until the switch is complete.
If this is the case, I will fix it in the next release. Thank you for your bug report.
73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

I said earlier that jarec stays on in raspberry, but this was not the case. When I turn off pocketrxtx, jarec turns off almost immediately.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

By turn off you mean going offline (not listening) or is closing?
Do you get any error messages in the console?

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

Jarec shuts down completely, disappears from the desktop. Startup must be started from the beginning. There is no error message. A friend told him the same would happen. Likewise, autostart does not work.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

When you run jAReC from the console, you must get an error message when closed unexpectedly.
If you run the old packaged version, use run_debug to launch the application.
Please send me that error message.
73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

yo3ggx wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:59 am I will take a look at this issue. I think is related to the latency, so for a short period the Rx signal is returned to Tx (through the mike) until the switch is complete.
If this is the case, I will fix it in the next release. Thank you for your bug report.
73 Dan YO3GGX
is there still a beta version available where this latency problem has been fixed? Now I don't feel like using the program because I keep getting comments about it. I gave up using krisp because its price went up by 50%.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello.
No other beta version released yet, as currently I'm working on jAReC v4.3, with support for IQ based SDR (Malahit DSPx, Softrock, etc), RTLSDR dob with waterfall, in-app demodulation and an audio DSP with different user configurable filters through GUI. The features will be available later in Pocket RxTx v4 (some of them maybe even in v3.x).
73 Dan YO3GGX