Any thoughts on making this an Android Auto App?

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
cgambrel

Any thoughts on making this an Android Auto App?

Post by cgambrel »

I would like to integrate my Yaesu FT-991A, secured in the rear of my Jeep with my Android Auto (AA) Car entertainment. The Pocket RXTX app isn't available in AA. Would it be possible to add the required flags in build to make this available to AA? This would allow me to secure the rig in an open Jeep and make control very neat.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Any thoughts on making this an Android Auto App?

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello.

AA support is on my wish list. Is not just about adding some flags, is a lot more complicated. GUI and audio are handled totally different.
To make an application with the complexity of Pocket RxTx compatible with AA, require a lot of work and not all features can be implemented for AA.

73 Dan YO3GGX
cgambrel

Post by cgambrel »

Thanks Dan for the reply. I didn't mean to imply it was just that easy. :-) If you decide to give it a try, I am glad to help out any way that I can.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

As soon as I have some news, I will post an announcement in the app forum.
Pocket RxTx v3.4 is now in beta. When stable enough, I will put a download link and more info.
I'm very interested in AA support for my own car, as now I have to use the smartphone.
It may be the next feature to be implemented after v3.4 will be published in Play Store.

73 Dan YO3GGX
sam

Post by sam »

I run it on AA via a small button for PTT via the cell phone. Everything is on the screen...but, have to control via the phone still. Perfect for 2 meters.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

sam wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:33 pm I run it on AA via a small button for PTT via the cell phone.
What do you mean by "I run it on AA"? You just mirror phone screen?

73 Dan YO3GGX