HRD & Android

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
kw7a

HRD & Android

Post by kw7a »

I just followed you over here from the post(s) you were posting on HRD Forum.

I'm looking foward to see what you develope here.

John
KW7A
Utah, USA
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: HRD & Android

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi John,

Thank you for joining this list.
I will post any future updates here and I hope that users will post their findings here too.

73 Dan YO3GGX
rkirk1507

Post by rkirk1507 »

Hi Dan;

While exercising a fresh install of PocketRXTX v0.5 on my HTC One X I ran into a few problems. Mostly pleased with the app, though. I am using an IC-718 connected to my HP G62 Win 7 laptop via a BlackCat USB to C-IV interface and using HRD 5.24.0.36

1. Changes from portrait to landscape or landscape to portrait causes the VFO displayed to change to VFO B if set on VFO A. The change is not made on the radio. This does, however, lock out the VFO change button.

2. I get no gray slider tab as described in the documentation. Is that just for the SDR operation?

3. Working the tuning knob too fast causes 0.0320 MHz to display on the app. Sometimes (not reliably repeatable) this change makes it to the radio. When it does make it to the radio, it locks the radio up. A soft reset of the radio and re-start of the app was required to clear the issue.

4. App display always starts and stays in VFO B no matter what VFO is set on radio. Only changes when you change the VFO from A to B to A in the app.

5. App display starts in last selected mode when radio is in any mode. (i.e: Radio set to USB manually after remote set to RTTY, app display stays in RTTY when re-started.)

6. See #5 above but related to the RF power setting.

Thanks for activating my user account, Dan.
Last edited by rkirk1507 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Kirk
AB0RK
ARRL Member
EM27rb

"TANSTAAFL!" - Anon
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Rob,
rkirk1507 wrote: 1. Changes from portrait to landscape or landscape to portrait causes the VFO displayed to change to VFO B if set on VFO A. The change is not made on the radio. This does, however, lock out the VFO change button.
I will correct this in the next version.
2. I get no gray slider tab as described in the documentation. Is that just for the SDR operation?
What do you mean by gray slider? If you talk about the one on top then is just for SDR mode, to activate waterfall or spectrum display.
3. Working the tuning knob too fast causes 0.0320 MHz to display on the app. Sometimes (not reliably repeatable) this change makes it to the radio. When it does make it to the radio, it locks the radio up. A soft reset of the radio and re-start of the app was required to clear the issue.
It seems to be something related to HRD,
0.0320 is displayed when HRD return value '0' for frequency when queried.
I think I'm pushing to far in the communication with HRD IP Server. I'm still searching for a workaround.
4. App display always starts and stays in VFO B no matter what VFO is set on radio. Only changes when you change the VFO from A to B to A in the app.
VFO is not fully functional yet for all radios. There is no feedback (except at startup), is more like a blind toggle if the sync is lost.
5. App display starts in last selected mode when radio is in any mode. (i.e: Radio set to USB manually after remote set to RTTY, app display stays in RTTY when re-started.)
I don't think I understand very well this...can you explain a little bit more?
6. See #5 above but related to the RF power setting.
Same here.
Thanks for activating my user account, Dan.
Sorry for the delay, but as I told you, a lot of spam robots tries to register automatically and I cannot discern between a robot and a legitimate request, so I've decided to accept only registrations done using the callsign or with a direct mail in parallel to warn me.

73 Dan YO3GGX
rkirk1507

Post by rkirk1507 »

Dan;

About #5 & #6 - After using PocketRXTX, if you change the mode manually (locally) with the app off line then the app dosen't read the the radio operating mode correctly. Same for RF power setting. I suspect this is related to your response to #4: "There is no feedback (except at startup), is more like a blind toggle if the sync is lost." The last set mode and power sent are retained by the app and displayed.
Rob Kirk
AB0RK
ARRL Member
EM27rb

"TANSTAAFL!" - Anon
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,
rkirk1507 wrote:Dan;

About #5 & #6 - After using PocketRXTX, if you change the mode manually (locally) with the app off line then the app dosen't read the the radio operating mode correctly. Same for RF power setting. I suspect this is related to your response to #4: "There is no feedback (except at startup), is more like a blind toggle if the sync is lost." The last set mode and power sent are retained by the app and displayed.
What do you mean "with the app offline? The only parameters which are read continuously from the radio are frequency, mode, PTT status and S value.
I can add VFO and Power too, but this will decrease the update speed for frequency and mode.
I will make some tests to see if de introduced delay is acceptable.

73 Dan YO3GGX