Pocket RXTX version 0.5 available for download

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Pocket RXTX version 0.5 available for download

Post by yo3ggx »

This was really helpfull. It would be easier do find the root cause.

Thanks.
Dan YO3GGX
ka5tji

Post by ka5tji »

Thanks for taking the time to investigate this issue. Will check HRD connection to FT-100.

73 Paul KA5TJI
yo9bvp

Post by yo9bvp »

i instaled this version [0.5] on samsung s2 ,and i try to use it with homme network.i do'nt know how to configure ip and udp port.could you help me to use this "magic" software
thanks in advance
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,
yo9bvp wrote:i instaled this version [0.5] on samsung s2 ,and i try to use it with homme network.i do'nt know how to configure ip and udp port.could you help me to use this "magic" software
thanks in advance
Everything is explained in the application user guide, which is available in the application HELP menu, online here:
http://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/doc05/index.html (language can be selected in the top of the page)
or for offline reading here:
http://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/doc05/index.html

There is no UDP port used in the current version.
The TCP port must be configured only for the HRD connection mode, so you need that Ham Rdio Deluxe to be installed on a PC.

73 Dan YO3GGX
ka5tji

Post by ka5tji »

Hi Dan,

Just to let you know I have received your upgrade to Ver o.6 today. Mnay thanks.
I still have problems with the "0320" frequency dispaly an android from HRD from time to time. The new version now changes modes on HRD when virtual VFO is moved instead of changing the frequency.
Still using Yaesu FT-100 with HRD. I am now trying your software on a NAXA 7 tablet pc with android 4.1 as well as HTC smartphone. Keep up the good work and many thanks to you. The webSDR is too cool!

73' Paul
KA5TJI
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Paul,
ka5tji wrote:Hi Dan,

I still have problems with the "0320" frequency dispaly an android from HRD from time to time.
This is something related to HRD which from time to time return 0 as frequency when querried. I was not able yet to find a workaround, but I'm still trying.
The new version now changes modes on HRD when virtual VFO is moved instead of changing the frequency.
I don't understand this. Can you explain more?
Still using Yaesu FT-100 with HRD. I am now trying your software on a NAXA 7 tablet pc with android 4.1 as well as HTC smartphone. Keep up the good work and many thanks to you. The webSDR is too cool!
A new version of WebSDR software was released today. Unfortunately according with the new licensing model I don't have the right to connect to the server with my app.

73' Paul
KA5TJI[/quote]
ka5tji

Post by ka5tji »

Hi Dan,
Yes, with version 0.6 of Pocket RXTX HRD, when I try to change frequency via VFO on the Android device, Pocket RXTX changes the "mode" in HRD instead of changing the frequency. This did not occur using version 0.5.

Thanks and as usual keep up the great work!

Paul
KA%TJI
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Paul,

I had a router failure last night putting offline all my services: web server, forum, WebSDR, etc.
It is solved now (I hope) and I want to aplogise for that.

Regarding the VFO, it seems to be related to a "last minute" addition to 0.6, not well tested before relase: continuous feedback for VFO.
I will release an update to Pocket RXTX during the weekend, with I hope that will fix some bugs.

73 Dan YO3GGX
BG2RDQ

Post by BG2RDQ »

Thanks a lot for making this software to hams,so do I!
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Thank you for your feedback.
73 Dan YO3GGX