Pocket RXTX and OE4XLC sdr webserver

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
om1aeg

Pocket RXTX and OE4XLC sdr webserver

Post by om1aeg »

Hi Dan,

first thanks for great update in Pocket RXTX.

In Slovakia we have problem to listen OE4XLC web server via Pocket RXTX, but only when we are connect trough Mobile phone operator Orange Slovakia. Via wifi works OE4XLC web server correctly. Another SDR servers works also via 3G/4G connection, only OE4XLC don't work. My opinion is blocked port in Orange Slovakia net, but i need to identify them.
OE4XLC works also via 3G/4G connection in operator Orange Slovakia net, only in Firefox on Android on: http://www.websdr.at/m.html , but interface and controls seems to be better in Pocket RXTX ;)

Is it possible write list of used ports in ocket RXTX for your webserver and for OE4XLC? Which port (s) is different.

Thanks, Anton, OM1AEG
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Pocket RXTX and OE4XLC sdr webserver

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Anton,

Pocket RxTx does not use a different port than the one provided by the WebSDR server, which is 80 for OE4XLC.
It is possible that some type of content is filtered over HTTP by Orange.
In Firefox you are using HTML5 stream, in PocketRxTx is a raw network stream. This may be the reason.

You can try something:
- configure your smartphone as an AP and try to connect to the internet through the smartphone from a PC.
- try to run the WebSDR client in a browser, but use Java (same raw stream as in PocketRxTx), not HTML 5 and check if it works.

I'm almost sure it wont work.

Thank you for your feedback,
73 Dan YO3GGX