Some buttons will not work

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
SM5SUH

Some buttons will not work

Post by SM5SUH »

Hello.

Running jAS2SecNET on a computer connected to my IC-7200 and in my tablet I have Pocket RXTX

Connection with the radio is ok and most of the functions seems to work. I can change band, mode and so.

Bu I have some buttons that will not work. I can't unlock/lock, I can't cant press TS and most of all, The PTT button doesn't work and this is the main reason for my question.

What can I have done wrong not to get the PTT function? I have the right radio, baud rate and all other things what I can se.

Please help me with some tip.

Happy new year to you all

Jan / SM5SUH
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Some buttons will not work

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Jan,

First a Happy New Year!

Please check the config file for your radio (icom_ic7200.radio) from the /prxtx/Radios folder on the external storage.

Even the new version of the app is far from a stable status, I will kindly ask you to play with it. t includes some updates and I want to have it as a refference before further troubleshooting your issue.
Please download the prerelease for the new versions from here:
http://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/pocketr ... 7.1-19.apk
http://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAS2SecNET/jAS2SecNET_v0.5-1.jar

You can install the prerelease 0.7.1-19 in parallel with the Play Store version, so you can compare the two. Do not forget to reload the embedded radios config by a long press on START button

What's new in Pocket RxTx v0.7.1-19 from v0.7.1-7:
- sticky PTT option din direct CAT mode (I forgot that this was not available in 0.7.1-7)
- embedded support added for Kenwood TS-590
- support added for Yaesu FTDX5000
- no more Ad block warnings at all, even not registered
- support added for Icom IC-R71e, IC-R7000, Kenwood TS-480 (not tested)
- experimental audio support
- sound server for further integration with other Android applications (like DroidPSK, etc)

Solved bugs:
- when entering Setup in direct CAT mode all text entries are cleared.
- sound server tcp port config in Setup screen (both WebSDR and Direct CAT mode). If 0, then sndserver is disabled
- you can now toggle audio output between media and voice, allowing to use a cheap bluetooth headset (without A2DP support) to listen to the radio.
- when registered, previous ad zone is smaller and fixed
- change encryption to security, add 3 states: unencrypted, UseAuthentication, UseEncryption (UseEncryption is now deactivated)
- when registered messages about adblock are still displayed
- connection status circular LED goes blue when returning from Standby even if connection is over network or USB.
- new config file parameter '<VFO>" to better handle VFO selection based commands
- wrong circular LED color when switching back from standby or from setup mode
- authenticated mode not saved between app restarts

What's new in jAS2SecNET v0.5-1 from v0.4:
- deactivate START button when already started and STOP button when already stopped.
- changed and bigger icons for security and audio settings
- experimental audio support
- autostart function added
- reconnect to COM port and restart server if any parameter changed anbd previously connected

User guide is not yet updated, but I'm pretty sure that you will easily find the way to the new features...;-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
73 Dan YO3GGX
http://www.yo3ggx.ro