Config file help

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Config file help

Post by yo3ggx »

You need to select transparent mode, then you will have 2 COM ports selection.
Help file is available here:
http://www.yo3ggx.ro/spca/spca.html

73 Dan YO3GGX
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

In transparent mode I should select the actual hardware com port the kachina is attached to correct?
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Vic,

You select the physical COM port on one side and one virtual com on the other side.
Then the other end of the virtual serial cable is used as COM port for the control software. In this way SPCA with ac as "man-in-the-middle" between the control software and the transceiver, in transparent mode.

Hope this helps.
73 Dan YO3GGX
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

I selected the physical com port com 2 and a virtual com port 3 in transparent mode and press the init button on the top right of spca and the program freezes and goes into a program not responding state. I then have to end task from task manager. I tried the same step only difference I used virtual port 4 as the alternate instead of 3 with the same results. I am running windows 8.1 64 bit.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

As I'm aware, Com0Com provides 2 virtual com ports connected through a virtual cable. One of the ports must be used by Kachina CAT application and one for SPCA. Physical port where Kachina transceiver is connected must be used by SPCA.
A virtual COM port does nothing if is not connected with a virtual Nullmodem cable to another virtual port used by a device/application.
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

Dan I'm sorry to report that I can't seem to get spca to work in transparent mode. The program keeps locking up. I know you must be extremely busy but if you use teamviewer remote desktop and I would be willing to let you have access to my pc and let you take a look at it. btu de n9bhd