Feature request

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Jon

Re: Feature request

Post by Jon »

Hi All,

Was rtl_tcp support ever added? I am not seeing it mentioned anywhere else.

Thanks,

Jon
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Jon,

Not yet, but is on the wish list for one of the future versions. Currently I'm working on version 4, with many improvements and simplified operation, but support for this will not be yet available.

73 Dan YO3GGX
DD0KP

Post by DD0KP »

Hi Dan,

I had tested your SW and think many OMs can use the SW with SDR-Console and QO-100. As the interface the Kenwood TS-2000 is implemented.
It works with the IF-frequency but not with the original QRG on 10GHz.
My request is:
Can you implement two more digits into the TS-2000 interface to be able to do the beacon stabilisation in SDR-Console. This could be done in a version called TS-2000 for QO-100.

Many thanks in advance.

Heiner DD0KP
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Heiner,

You can create a new radio config file according to your needs and then, if you want, I can publish it in the central repository under your callsign. Is nothing to be implemented in the application, just to edit a text config file.
If you are not comfortable to edit it, I can do it for you next weekend.

73 Dan YO3GGX
DD0KP

Post by DD0KP »

Hi Dan,
I know how to do the textfile. Did it for FT-100 already. Will send you this file.
My question is:
How to implement the two more GHz digits into the SW.

Heiner.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Heiner,

Now I understand what you said. You cannot enter in v3 frequencies higher than 999MHz, but this is not a software limitation, is a bug. Nobody requested this until now...:)
I'm working on v4 now and I will include this fix too. As the new version is in a full redesign process, I will do the mods in the old v3 and send you a link for download as soon as possible, but not earlier than next weekend.

73 Dan YO3GGX
DD0KP

Post by DD0KP »

Hi Dan,
many thanks for our reply. Your schedule is fine for me.
DD0KP

Post by DD0KP »

Any news for me Dan reguarding my request?
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Heiner,

Unfortunately the code code in v3 does not allow this in a simple way, is a real not intended software limitation. You can have up to <C9> in the config. I was fully in involved in all my spare time to work on v4, but considering all major changes, the development was slower than expected.

I'm thinking to a workaround for v3. What about hard coding the upper digits in the radio config file, using <S10> inistead of the upper '10GHz'?

I'm Really sorry for the inconvenience. I've started to many things in the same time and this is for sure my fault.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

Hey. Would it be possible to add a noise reduction feature to a future jarec version. When I use a cell phone, it picks up background noise. I now use Discord for audio transmission, it has krisp noise reduction, works pretty well. Another audio problem is when the broadcast starts, then gives a loud whine. This is obviously a java audio bug. Another feature I wish would be, I'm not a computer expert, hi, and English is not good. I can't install commands even if they are told. I use the ft857 rig, and it doesn't work to adjust the power of the radio through the App, for example, nor does it turn off the radio. Would these be an opportunity to do ready-made operations. I have used ft897 program, it works partly, but split often goes on by itself, does not always translate into power, mig gain may be reset, and the app's startup broadcast goes on, goes off when I press the PTT. The program is great anyway, thanks for that. I hope I got my problem told understandably.