Bluetooth Module

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
George

Bluetooth Module

Post by George »

I do not knowing anything about Bluetooth or the modules so I did some reading. On your adapter page you show the pinout and it says HC-06. It appears the HC-06 has to be purchased as either Master or Slave (where as the HC-05 can be user selected) and as default the HC-06 is set as Slave, so am I correct in assuming that the HC-06 Slave is what I'm looking for?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 5 which is basically a 5" tablet. I bought a number of the HSP/HFP headsets (ear pieces) to build a BT audio interface for my 817 and when my SGP5 would not see any of them to pair to I found out that the SGP5 only accepts the A2DP Bluetooth profile. Ok, I can buy a A2DP headset (a bit more expensive) but now I'm wondering if the SGP5 can pair with the HC-06. And.... If it can pair and function with the HC-06 and your control app can I also run the audio from a A2DP BT at the same time (two BT devices simultaneously). The end result I'm trying to achieve here is to have both FT817 control and audio (at least receive audio) available on the tablet for remote use within the range of the BT.

I really like my SGP5, but if I cannot pair to the HC-06 then I'd be better to look for a Android phone (Samsung S2 or such) that is more of a standard configuration.

tnx
George
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth Module

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi George,

You're right.
You need a slave module.

Regarding the audio part is a little bit more complicated.
You can have a bluetooth handsfree connected to the tablet but I'm still searching how can I use internal spk and mic in the same time (as the BT headset is connected to the transceiver).

73 Dan YO3GGX
George

Post by George »

Thanks for your response Dan. I posted on one of the Samsung Galaxy Player forums about if I can even pair with the Serial Port Module or not. I'll wait and see what kind of responses I get back from them before I order up the parts to build the interface. I also asked about running your app in the foreground and some sort of BT audio app in the background (two BT devices) at the same time. I'm not really sure what this tablet of mine will/will not do.

tnx

de George
WD0AKZ
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi George,

You can try by yourself.
Use a PC or notebook equiped with bluetooth on the other end and use my app SPCA(available here:
http://www.yo3ggx.ro/spca/spca1.1.1.zip

On Samsung install Blueterm (from Play store) and try to see if it works between them.

73 Dan YO3GGX
George

Post by George »

Ok, I downloaded and installed and have your SPCA1 program running on my Sony notebook. I downloaded BlueTerm and installed it on my Samsung. The Sony and Samsung do pair (I see them each listed on the other and they say paired), but when I run BlueTerm "Connect Device" it responds "Unable to Connect" after a few seconds. So I'm not sure what that is telling me (as I said, I don't use or know anything about BT at this point), maybe I don't have something set up correctly yet or does that say that I can't use the Samsung?

Tnx for the help.

George
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

George wrote:Ok, I downloaded and installed and have your SPCA1 program running on my Sony notebook. I downloaded BlueTerm and installed it on my Samsung. The Sony and Samsung do pair (I see them each listed on the other and they say paired), but when I run BlueTerm "Connect Device" it responds "Unable to Connect" after a few seconds. So I'm not sure what that is telling me (as I said, I don't use or know anything about BT at this point), maybe I don't have something set up correctly yet or does that say that I can't use the Samsung?

Tnx for the help.

George
Have you started SPCA and click on connect to the right port used by Bluetooth SPP?

73 Dan YO3GGX
George

Post by George »

yo3ggx wrote:Have you started SPCA and click on connect to the right port used by Bluetooth SPP?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I started SPCA and it defaulted to COM3 (no other choices available), 9600 8 N 1. On my Sony notebook running Windows XP SP3 I click on the BT logo in the service tray > Show Bluetooth Devices and it shows my Samsung tablet under Audio Devices (it also shows a ear piece I tried out last year but is no longer used). In the Options tab all 4 items are checked and in the COM Ports tab no ports are shown. On the Samsung tablet in BlueTerm I pick "Connect Device", it shows my Sony as a Paired Device, I pick the Sony, BlueTerm says "Connecting" for a few seconds than "Unable to Connect Device".

On my Samsung tablet I can select a .pdf file, > Send it via Bluetooth, on the Sony Notebook click on the Bluetooth Logo > Receive File and the wizard starts and the file gets sent. I can also reverse this process, right click on the .pdf file > Send to Bluetooth, the Wizard opens and selects the Samsung, I get the notification of Bluetooth Request on the Samsung and the file transfers. So that shows that I can transfer files both directions.

It appears that even tho the Samsung says my Sony Notebook is "Paired but Not Connected" it is connected. "Connected" means currently communicating?

Anyhow, any more suggestions on the Serial Port communication testing? If I knew it works I'd get a HC-06 and related parts on order.

tnx agn

de George
WD0AKZ
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

George wrote:
yo3ggx wrote: It appears that even tho the Samsung says my Sony Notebook is "Paired but Not Connected" it is connected. "Connected" means currently communicating?
File transfer is another Bluetooth profile.
I've asked if you clicked on "Init" in SPCA before trying to connect from the tablet.
COM3 is the virtual COM port allocated for the Bluetooth Serial profile? Check this in the Bluetooh config on the Sony notebook (click on properties for the tablet in the bluetooth neigborhood).
Sometimes SPCA does not recognise the virtual COM port and you need to change it to another value (ex. from COM3 to COM4).

73 Dan YO3GGX
George

Post by George »

[quote=]I've asked if you clicked on "Init" in SPCA before trying to connect from the tablet.[/quote]
Yes I have.

[quote=]COM3 is the virtual COM port allocated for the Bluetooth Serial profile? Check this in the Bluetooh config on the Sony notebook (click on properties for the tablet in the bluetooth neigborhood).[/quote]
I can't find any reference to the Virtual COM Port # on the Sony Notebook in the Bluetooth configuration, or the Device Manager nor on the Samsung Tablet, so I don't know if COM3 is the Virtual COM Port allocated.

[quote=]Sometimes SPCA does not recognise the virtual COM port and you need to change it to another value (ex. from COM3 to COM4).[/quote]
COM3 is the only port available in SPCA, there are no other values I can change it to.

Thanks for your help but I think the answer on using my Samsung tablet with your app appears to be no.

George
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

George wrote:
wrote: Thanks for your help but I think the answer on using my Samsung tablet with your app appears to be no.
I'm not so sure.
Can we have a Teamviewer session to look at the Bluetooth config on the notebook?
It seems that Is a lot more complicated to explain than to do it.

I'm still online for about 15min. (12am local time)
73 Dan YO3GGX