Bluetooth Module

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
George

Re: Bluetooth Module

Post by George »

It appears your SPCA program is only set for COM3. I was able to configure my Sony bluetooth for COM7 (COM's 3,4,5,6 are in use) so if I were able to switch SPCA to COM7 it may work. I don't know what COM3 is being used for and I get the usual warnings in Windows XP Device Manager if I attempt to change the BT to COM3.

George
George

Post by George »

Ok, I blew the dust off of Windows Hyper Terminal. Set it for COM7 and now I can communicate with BlueTerm on my Samsung tablet. :D :D

I fired up your 817 BlueTooth app and it found my Sony Hyper Terminal and I can see the data on the HyperTerm screen when I spin the dial on the Samsung.

So, does this mean I have a good chance at connecting and transferring the data needed for your app using the HC-06?

tnx for all your help.

George
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi George,

You are on the right track. You can now be sure than your tablet is working with the app.

Good luck,
Dan YO3GGX
George

Post by George »

The HC-06 Slave module was ordered last night, estimated ship time is 10 days so I'll have time to dig through my junk box and see what other parts I need to get on order. The next step will be to get the audio (at least for Rx) out to the tablet. I'm thinking that for now I could plug a BT A2DP earpiece device (Plantronics Voyager Pro+ A2DP Bluetooth Headset for example) into the Spk/Phn out on the 817 and then output the audio on the tablet's speaker? Are there apps out there that would do something like this?

The hope is to be able to listen to my 817ND in the room next to the shack.

I'm sending you another question on you general info forum that's not related to this project.

tnx

Having Fun Now!!

George
WD0AKZ
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

George wrote: I'm thinking that for now I could plug a BT A2DP earpiece device (Plantronics Voyager Pro+ A2DP Bluetooth Headset for example) into the Spk/Phn out on the 817 and then output the audio on the tablet's speaker? Are there apps out there that would do something like this?
I'm not aware of any, but if you find something please post here the info.

73 Dan YO3GGX