This is an Android only application which allows you to analyze the communication protocol over Bluetooth or Ethernet (TCP only). It is still in an earlier beta version, with many features to be added and possible still having some bugs.
Based on your feedback and suggestions, it will improve over time, so please be patient and confident that I will solve all the issues step by step. The application is and will remain free, but please help the development by clicking on some of the ads you consider are of interest for you. I have tried to make the ad part as less intrusive as possible with the application functionality and uses only a small area of the screen and only if is unused by the app at that moment.
The idea of this application comes from a Windows application written by me many years ago, named SPCA (Serial Port Communication Analyzer) which is still available on my site.
Current version of the application has the following features:
- Can be used on any Android device, with OS version > 2.0 and resolution >= 320x480. It works even on smaller screens, but it can become unusable;
- Possible to connect through Bluetooth (SPP profile) and Ethernet (TCP) both as client or server;
- Adjustable font size through an intuitive graphical interface, to accommodate your preferences;
- Integrated 30 keys keypad which has a reserved space on the screen;
- Keypad can be used in different mode: letters (both smalls a caps), numbers (including hex and bin), symbols and Memory (Macro);
- All data to be sent is octet (byte) based and can be entered as char or by code (0-255) in decimal, hex or binary;
- Display the number of bytes to be send available in the buffer, including the string representation of them ( in UTF-8);
- The byte array is send only when you press enter key;
- You have the possibility to select the option to automatically add at the end of the buffer “classic” control characters: CR(code 13) and/or LF(code 10);
- 26 Memory locations where you can save some pre-defined byte arrays (no size limit) which then can be added by a single click;
- Large frame to display returned data (capacity dependent on font size);
- You can display returned data as one, two, four, eight or an unlimited number of values per row;
- Data can be displayed in different formats: char, binary, decimal or hex);
- Data can be considered per 8, 16, 32 or 64 bit;
- You can select between Little and Big Endian conventions for data longer than 8 bit;
-The total number of bytes in the receive buffer is displayed as a decimal value;
- Bluetooth pairing can be done inside the application if not done before;
- You can see name and MAC address for the local and remote Bluetooth device;
- You can see local IP address (useful when you initiate network in server mode;
- Remote host can be entered from the keypad as hostname or IP address;
- Local and remote ports can be entered through the numeric keypad;
- Operation mode is selected through a single button;
- SET button to save the settings;
- Connection status displayed by two LEDs (one blue for Bluetooth and one bi-color Orange/Green for Ethernet).
Please send me your feedback if you play with the aplication.
73 Dan YO3GGX
Android application for Bluetooth and Network Serial Communication Protocol analyzis
1 post • Page 1 of 1