7.3.3 feedback

Here we will discuss only topics related to the miniVNA Android application
oe9fwv

7.3.3 feedback

Post by oe9fwv »

hi Dan,

thank you for the great program, it is very useful.
I played with the new menu feature - when I pressed on "Generator" while in a Reflection display screen I have seen an error message
but I cannot reproduce it now. (I am sorry but I did not write down the errormessage...) I only remember the word java...
When the program starts in transmission mode after an crash, the new menu button did not work. the hardware menu button did.
I tested in simulator mode.
an idea: maybe a second press on the new menu button should remove the menu again? Now I have to make a choice to make it disappear.
(Motorola Defy+, Android 2.3)

73!
Werner oe9fwv
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: 7.3.3 feedback

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Werner,

I intend to publish later this evening or later tomorrow version 0.8, which solve some of the issues in 0.7.3-3.
I will post a message here when available in Play Store.

Thank you for your feedback,
Dan
oe9fwv

Post by oe9fwv »

hi Dan,

works great here now.
I had a cable saved in calibration before, it seems to be lost, can I restore the data somehow or do I have to calibrate it again?
The same is with an antenna reflection screen which is no more visible.

73!
Werner oe9fwv
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Werner,
oe9fwv wrote:I had a cable saved in calibration before, it seems to be lost, can I restore the data somehow or do I have to calibrate it again?
What do you mean by "a cable saved in calibration"? Captures and calibration data is saved in separate files, with diffferent extensions.
The same is with an antenna reflection screen which is no more visible.
Do you mean calibration screen? I don;t think I understand very well your problem.

73 Dan YO3GGX
oe9fwv

Post by oe9fwv »

hi Dan,

when I use the VNA connected to a cable, but not at the feedpoint of the antenna I wanted to use a calibration file.
this file I created with the previous version of Blue VNA but it is no more visible as a choice in calibration mode.
I can find it on the SD card in the blueVNA directory though.

The next question was regarding a reflection file that I saved to file from a measurement. I cannot see this file in the
load file dialog but it is on the SD card.
The question was how I can load this saved file into the new version of blueVNA.

thank you,
73!
Werner
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Werner,

Ooops.
I've seen only now, after your e-mail, that the new version saves the files in a directory named btvnanew.
During the development of the update I have both the old and the new version installed on my tablet for comparision and I forgot to change back the folder name.
As a temporary workaround you can copy the files from btvna to btvnanew folder on the sdcard.

I will publish an update later this evening to revert to the old btvna folder and to add some more corrections.
When available I will post a message here.

Thank you for reporting this,
73 Dan YO3GGX
oe9fwv

Post by oe9fwv »

hi Dan,

great, thank you so much for the quick solution. I understand how this happened.

73!
werner
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Werner,

The version 0.8.1 is now pushed to Play Store and will be available for download in a few hours.
See the announcement for details about what's change.

Let's move further discussions to a new thread as this is already related to an older version of the application.

73 Dan YO3GGX