Invalid Key Exception and Null Pointer exception

Plwase post here all the bugs you found in the app.
ka5bjc

Invalid Key Exception and Null Pointer exception

Post by ka5bjc »

I have jA2SecNET running on a Toshiba laptop using Vista. When I start Pocket RXTX with encryption and authentication, I get the invalid key exception: unsupported key size:64 bytes. If I continue, the remote IP address comes up in jA2SecNET but the background stays yellow. If I turn off encryption and authentication, background turns green, I have some control of the radio and a new error, sub:main_astream_newdata (Java line:2429) Java.lang.NullPoinerException. I can control main power, band, frequency and mode. PTT works but there is no audio at the tablet end. Audio is still to come but you got droid PSK to work?
There is another post somewhere about Invalid Key. I tried reseting the app and reinstalling it
The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Andriod 4.4.2
Pocker RXTX v 0.7.1-7
Radio is a Kenwood TS 480sat. I pasted most of the TS2000 .radio file into the TS480 .radio file to get started. It looks like Kenwood has the same command set for all the CAT radios so it should be straightforward for me to edit the .radio file.
Is HRDip still useful? Does'nt seem to be needed any more.
Thanks
John, KA5BJC
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Invalid Key Exception and Null Pointer exception

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi John,

In the current version of Pocket RxTx Audio and Encryption are not yet supported.
Droid PSK will be supported in a future version of both PocketRxTx and Droid PSK. This is a work in progress. A local sound server will provide audio to other local apps (like Doir PSK, DroidRTTY etc) through a network socket.

HRDip is no more useful as HRD support was removed. It was replaced by a more flexible, feature reach and user customizabled "direct CAT" mode.

Hope to be able to release a new version of Pocket RxTx in a few weeks, with audio and feedback support as main added features. I'm in a very busy period with almost no time for app development.

Hope this helps.
73 Dan YO3GGX
ka5bjc

Post by ka5bjc »

Thanks. I look forward to sitting on my back porch next summer and working PSK.
I have a TS480 .radio file but I can't attach it so I will email it separately. I edited the power levels to support the 200 watts of the HX version and the frequency range and added a command to change antennas to FN+option button 5. Transceiver ON doesn't always work but Transceiver OFF does.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Thank you John. With your accept I will include your ts480.radio file in the next release.

73 Dan YO3GGX