Kenwood radios config files

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Kenwood radios config files

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

Please use this thread to post your own config file for any Kenwood radio. This will help the other users. Most popular functions will be added to the default radio config file included in the package.

Thank you,
Dan YO3GGX
RIJ

Re: Kenwood TS570 radios config files

Post by RIJ »

This is a config file for the Kenwood TS570D and S models, including a picture.
Download and unzip the file below, then add the two files to the /prxtx/Radios directory on your android device.
While testing you should be in front of your rig!

It includes the following features*:

NR - Noise Reduction (OFF/NR1/NR2). Settings are under your RIG's menu #51 for NR1 and #12 for NR2
NB - Noise Blanker (ON/OFF).
ATU - Antenna Tuner Unit** (OFF/ON/TUNE). IMPORTANT!!! Do not use the ATU tuner if you have no antenna connected
ATT - Attenuator (ON/OFF).
AGC - Auto Gain Control (SLOW/FAST).
PRE - Preamplifer (ON/OFF).
PROC - Speech Processor (ON/OFF). Works only on audio modes LSB/USB/AM/FM. Setting is under your RIG's menu #15
BC - Beat Cancel (OFF/BC1/BC2). Manual says there is a BC2 setting but the RIG display does not show it.
ANT - Antenna selection (ANT1/ANT2). In case you have two antennas. IMPORTANT!!! Do not use the ATU tuner if you have no antenna connected

* Not all features show up on the first page.
To get to the other features you have to go to the next page by pressing the Fn key.

**Note on ATU antenna tuner.
This is a three step process:
You touch it once, it turns antenna tuner unit OFF.
You touch it again it turns the antenna tuner ON.
You touch it the third time and it sends a Tunning request to the RIG which tunes for the lowest SWR.
*(if you have a manual tuner tuned for the band you're operating you can leave the ATU OFF)

Please note this has been tested and works with the latest nightly builds. Follow the following thread to download :
http://www.yo3ggx.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=552
Attachments
kenwood_ts570.zip
Kenwood TS570 D/S Configuration file
(35.01 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
Last edited by RIJ on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Kenwood radios config files

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Relu,

Thank you for your contribution. With your accept, I will include the files in the next release of Pocket RxTx.
Just a small observation. In the current version of the application, the name of the jpg file must be the same as the one of thesecond part of the radio config file, otherwise you will get a Java error when launching the app.
So you need to change the name of the jpg file to 'ts570.jpg' and make the respective correction in the "kenwood_ts570.radio' file.

73 Dan YO3GGX
RIJ

Post by RIJ »

I will, and repost. Thanks for the observation.
You have my permission to include the files in the next release as well as all work posted here.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

RIJ wrote:I will, and repost. Thanks for the observation.
You have my permission to include the files in the next release as well as all work posted here.
Thank you for your contribution.

Dan YO3GGX
RIJ

Post by RIJ »

File corrected and uploaded.
Old zip file deleted
ka5bjc

Post by ka5bjc »

Here is a config file for the TS-480. I have the SAT version so while I have added power output setting of 125, 150, 175, and 200 watts, I can't test them.
The functions are:
Noise Reduction - Off/1/2
Noise Blanker - On/Off
ATU, Antenna Tuner - In/Out/Tune
ATTenuator - Off/On
AGC - Off/Slow/Fast
With the FN key ON
Scan - On/Off
PreAmp - In/Out
Beat Cancel - Off/1/2. I don't use this so while the radio front panel says it is working, I don't really know.
Filter - Normal/1/2. I don't use this either so while the radio front panel says it is working, I don't really know.
Ant - Antenna 1/ Antenna 2

John, KA5BJC
Attachments
kenwood_ts480.radio.zip
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi John.

Thank you for your contribution.

73 Dan YO3GGX
N8JJ

Post by N8JJ »

Hi Dan;
I updated the TS-2000 config file to include 2m and 7cm. I also adjusted the frequency range and added an ANT 1/2 command.

Using 0.7.1-21, I am able to receive audio on my Samsung S5 but no transmit audio. I think you are still working on that.

However, I need to let you know that on a TS-2000, you can't use the TX CAT command in conjunction with audio from the rear connector.
To make the TS-2000 use the rear audio, you must assert Pin 13 on the TS-2000 rear connector and that blocks audio from the front Mic connector and uses the rear audio input.
I am using the RigBlaster Plug N Play for a radio interface which does this.
To make the RigBlaster do PTT, you have to open a serial port (COM 3 in my case) and assert RTS to command PTT.

Ham Radio Deluxe has a bunch of PTT settings that can be configured to do this.

I hope you can add this to your jAS2SecNET program.

Best Regards;
JJ
Attachments
kenwood_ts2000.zip
Updated TS2000.radio
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi JJ,

Thank you for your contribution. I will update TS-2000 config file in the application package.
I will add the option for a separate COM port for PTT in jAS2SecNET as soon as possible.
For the moment I'm very close to a new prerelease with configurable radio feedback. Hope to post it on this forum in a few days.

It would be great if you will be able to test the feedback commands for a Kenwood transceiver.
The following commands will be available:
CMD_READ_MODE
CMD_READ_VFO
CMD_READ_FREQ
CMD_READ_PTT

More details will come.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX