Filter setting in Pocket RXTX

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
pa3vos

Filter setting in Pocket RXTX

Post by pa3vos »

Hello Dan,

first of all I want to show my appreciation about your developement in regard to the CAT app Pocket RXTX. I am using it on my IC-7000 with a bluetooth CAT interface with a BlueSMIrf module in the base.

I like to know if it is normal that the S-meter does not work. Can I get this working?
second; It appears that when I start up the app, the filter for FM-mode is changing from 15Khz to 10KHz which is from setting on the RIG 3 ---> 2 when you push the filter button on the RIG in FM-mode.
This causes a smaller deviation of the transmit-audio which is unwanted.
What change should I make in the INI file to prevent this?

73's
Fokko / PA3VOS
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Filter setting in Pocket RXTX

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Fokko,

Feedback from the radio (including S-meter) is a feature which will be available in the next release.
Regarding the other problem, is not very clear for me what do you mean. When you start the application a command sequence is sent to the radio to set the status existing before last time the application was stopped.
Can you please detail a little bit, as I'm not familiar with the Icom transceivers.

Thank you,
73 Dan YO3GGX
pa3vos

Post by pa3vos »

Hello Dan,

the best I can do is to send you a short video in a PM tomorrow.
Even when I change the filter back to Wide=15KHz=filter position "3" and close the app after disconnecting the connection, and then start the app again, the setting on the rig will change immediately to Medium=10Khz=filterposition "2".
I will make a short Video and send it to you by email or put it on youtube.

73's
Fokko
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Fokko,

I've seen your video here:

Clear now.
Looking into the config file for your type of transceiver (IC-7000), the following commands are sent for filter setting button:

CMD_SET_FILTER_WIDE=FE,FE,<A>,E0,1A,03,00,FD
CMD_SET_FILTER_MID=FE,FE,<A>,E0,1A,03,01,FD
CMD_SET_FILTER_NAR=FE,FE,<A>,E0,1A,03,02,FD

I don't have the exact CAT protocol specification for IC-700, but for the IC-7400 CI-V protocol.

From what I have now, I'm using command 1A with subcommand 03, where is specified:
Send/read the selected filter width (0=50 Hz to 40/31=3600/2700 Hz)

This button configuration is a contribution from another HAM using I think an ICOM IC-7200.

What my app does is to send at startup several commands to go to the last state before previous power off, by setting the buttons to the saved config. Most probable one of the commands set the filter in a wrong way for FM.

Looking here:
http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p4310-7000.html
I see no specific info for IC-7000

I need a full protocol specification for IC-7000 in order to help with this.
There is someone following this forum who can help with a full Icom CI-V protocol specification for Icom IC-7000?

Thanks in advance,
73 Dan YO3GGX