Config file help

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
n9bhd

Re: Config file help

Post by n9bhd »

Will do Dan. I'll let you know. Also just a thought, could software that can monitor comm ports intercept the command stream from kcat to the kachina? Maybe a program like your bnscp? Then we could send a frequency change command from kcat and read the ascii. Just a thought.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

There is a windows version available on my web site, named SPCA.
You will need a virtual serial cable and then use my application in transparent mode.
Would be great if you can sniff the protocol. Would help a lot.

73 Dan YO3GGX
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

I with my current software kcat set the rx and TX frequency at the same time.
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

Here's the first test run.

Mode select works
PTT works
ATT works
AGC works

VFO no
NR no
Band no
NB no
ATU no
Tune no

:)
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Vic,

This is strange. If the documentation you've sent is updated, then there is no difference for example between PTT and NB commands syntax, so there is no apparent reason that one is working and the other not.
Let's concentrate on frequency set first. Please try to monitor the traffic and see what's the format of the command sent to the radio for that.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

Hi Dan. Trying to setup com0com virtual cable so I can use your com analyzer and I'm having some windows 8.1 x64 "issues". I ran the command bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON for the x64 bit driver and rebooted the computer. The program runs but I'm still not seeing the virtual ports in device manager so I'll keep working on it. Ah the joys of ms windows!!
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Vic,

Sometims bcedit does not help. Better reboot your system in Advanced startup mode and deselect there driver signing.

You can re-enable after installation.

73 Dan YO3GGX
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

I did a Google search and just learned how to do that and got the com ports working. Should have looked here first!! :lol: I'll be back with some commands. Vic.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Great!
Try to capture the commands you want to be available in Pocket RxTx, including the answer from the transceiver.
Do not forget the commands to read status like power, SWR, S-meter, ALC, etc.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
n9bhd

Post by n9bhd »

Well I'm having some trouble hooking everything up. I have virtual com ports 3 and 4. The kachina is hooked to hardware comm port 2. Not sure how to get spca to intercept the data. What should I set spca to and to what ports. Sorry for the confusion.