Pocket RxTx 0.8.1-2

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Pocket RxTx 0.8.1-2

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi all,

A new experimental version of Pocket RxTx (0.8.1-2) is available on my web site. What's new:

- better audio in WebSDR client mode, especially on low performance devices and when connected to RTLSDR based WebSDR servers. An automatic latency control is implemented. The background color of the UTC clock changes as follows:
- green - low latency, good audio
- yellow - latency can be high
- red - possible drop-outs.
The application automatically tries to keep the latency low and without drop-outs. Using Squelch feature in WebSDR client mode can further helo to keep latency low, especially during long Rx sessions on the same frequency.
- redesigned level-meters for better visibility
- notification that the app euns in the background, including status bar icon
- cat protocol document for the selected radio is stored locally (if pdf) or is directly accessible from external web page (clicking on the radio icon)
- redesigned sticky PTT. Now the PTT button works in standard mode, independent on the pressing duration. To activate sticky mode you need to slide the finger vertically over the PTT button for minimum 2/3 of the button height
- hope that the number of Java error requiring config file reset is lower now
There are some other functionalities implemented in the new version, but requires a new jAReC desktop app to be used, so more info at a later time.

The experimental version is not available (yet) in Play Store, as more tests are needed. You can download it from:

http://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/experim ... .8.1-2.apk

73 Dan YO3GGX
balans

Re: Pocket RxTx 0.8.1-2

Post by balans »

App cant install on Android 5.1.1
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Barry,

What do you mean by "cannot be installed"? Can you please detail a little bit?
Do you get any error message?

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
balans

Post by balans »

I mailed you a screenshot
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

I forgot to mention that this version requires an updated jAReC version for PTT to work in Direct CAT mode, as from now on you will be able to PTT through CAT, RTS or DTR signals. I will post the new version late in the evening.
In the next release you will be able to send commands to be interpreted by jAReC and not passed to the radio. In this way you can run scripts on server side based on Pocket RxTx commands. As an example, wuou will be able to control other devices too, like antenna switch, power on/off for the radio/amplifier and so on.

This experimental release is mainly intended to improve WebSDR client functionality. You can revert at any time o Play Store version, without loosing data, by uninstall and then install from Play Store.
Paid version of Pocket RxTx is not affected by the installation og this experimental release.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

73 Dan YO3GGX
ba7ib

Post by ba7ib »

I have updated Pocket RxTx 0.8.1-2, but I found it will hands up and without any response until system notice to shutdown.
attachment pic1 is that after authenticated , my ft-817 is power on but the progrem is hands up
crash2.jpg
attachemnt pic2 is after a minute, system notice "the program no response" and let me choise : "wait" or "shutdown"
crash1.jpg
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

If you need direct CAT mode please use Play STore verion (0.8.1-1) till the new version of jAReC will be available.
Unfortunately I don't have time to finalize it now, it will take a few more weeks.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
73 Dan YO3GGX
N1KK

Post by N1KK »

I'm having a problem with this program on my FT-857. I have been using this program on my FT-817 without problems.
Today I thought I would try it on my FT-857. It appeared to work. I noticed to the right of the mode selection a choice
for power levels. I tried a few power levels choices and it did change the power however now I can no longer manually change the
power level using the Main Tuning dial. I turn the dial and the reference number stays on whatever the last choice was in the RXTX program.

I really don't want to try a RESET of the radio loosing all my memory channels plus I have the FT-857 programmed for full TX allowing me
to use the 60m band. Any info on how to fix this would be appreciated. I also noticed on the display of the FT-857 a small symbol showing
up in the bottom left corner in the display.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Ken
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Ken,
According to the FT857 user guide at page 31, that symbol is used for Transvert mode.
Try to enter in the menu 091 [XVTR SEL] and to disable if (OFF), then check again.

I will try later in the evening when back home to check your report on my FT-857. Because PWR set commands are available only through direct EEPROM edit, is possible that some bits are set together with the power ones, by mistake.

Thank you for your report.
73 Dan YO3GGX
N1KK

Post by N1KK »

Hi Dan,

I just looked at menu setting 091. It was OFF. For the heck of of it I went through menu's 091 settings and then returned to
the OFF setting. When I exited out I noticed the small symbol in the bottom left corner was gone. To repeat, it was OFF.
I went through the settings with the Main tuning dial. Returned to OFF. Exited out of the function mode and the symbol
was gone. When I went back to menu 075 I could now adjust the RF power settings manually.

I'm glad I was able to return to manually RF adjust again without trying a Master Reset. I am tempted to try rxtx once
again, change the power level and see if I can repeat the issue.

Thanks Dan for your help. I don't think I would have every figured out what the symbol represented. I went through
the manual at least once looking for the symbol but for RF power not for Transverters.

Ken
N1KK

yo3ggx wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 am Hi Ken,
According to the FT857 user guide at page 31, that symbol is used for Transvert mode.
Try to enter in the menu 091 [XVTR SEL] and to disable if (OFF), then check again.

I will try later in the evening when back home to check your report on my FT-857. Because PWR set commands are available only through direct EEPROM edit, is possible that some bits are set together with the power ones, by mistake.

Thank you for your report.
73 Dan YO3GGX