Experimental Pocket RxTx version (0.9) & jAReC 0.9

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
kk4lyn

Re: Experimental Pocket RxTx version (0.9) & jAReC 0.9

Post by kk4lyn »

vertion 09 canects to bluetooth andriod 06 bu NO cat control at all ???
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi.

Please provide more details about your setup.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

You can download the latest experimental version of Pocket RxTx from here:
Pocket RxTx 0.9.0-19 https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/experi ... 9.0-19.apk
jAReC 0.9.0-17 https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/jarec_v0.9.0-17.zip
jAReCmini 0.9.0-17 https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jarecmini_v0.9.0-17.zip

What's new/changed (Pocket RxTx):
v0.9.0-16
Solved bugs:
- immersive mode does not update canvas
- inconsistency in the picture displayed in the startup page when changing modes.
- "map not initialized" crash at first start

v0.9.0-17
Solved bug:
- crash when connected to the radio and changing orientation

v0.9.0-18
Solved bug:
- if you define a lock radio command, Poxket RxTx is locked too
- option button labels lostr when changing orientation and then java error

v 0.9.0-19
- added separate SQL button definition for each Fn button status

Solved bug:
- Java error if pressing SQL button in direct CAT mode and button is not defined in the config file

What's new/changed (jAReC/jarecmini):
v0.9.0-17
- in jarecmini the config file is automatically created at first start (no more included in the package)
- in jarecmini you can now enter the secret without running the main app (jAReC)
- when run, all the parameters from the config file are displayed in the console
Bug solved:
- Java error when starting the application without a config file

Please send me your feedback if you play with the latest versions.

Thank you.
Dan
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

jARec v17 and previous version - when I moved the jar file to "Program Files (x86)" in Windows 10 from the desktop, it wouldn't open for a 1/2 second. I had to create a separate folder in Documents and point the "Start in" to that folder to make it work. No problems since then.

Smartphone Moto G4, Android 6.x - started with the free version, then loaded experimental versions. Today I paid for the version 8.x on Google Play and loaded .19apk experimental version. 19 was fine until I paid for the old version. Then I started having graphics crashes when I rotated the phone. So I think there may be an issue with both the free/paid versions and the experimental versions.

I'm using a K3s and will work on updating the config file for it in the next day or two.

Thanks for this.

Gary
K3OS
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Gary,
K3OS wrote:jARec v17 and previous version - when I moved the jar file to "Program Files (x86)" in Windows 10 from the desktop, it wouldn't open for a 1/2 second. I had to create a separate folder in Documents and point the "Start in" to that folder to make it work. No problems since then.
Is not a good practice to put files directly in the Program Files folder.
Smartphone Moto G4, Android 6.x - started with the free version, then loaded experimental versions. Today I paid for the version 8.x on Google Play and loaded .19apk experimental version. 19 was fine until I paid for the old version. Then I started having graphics crashes when I rotated the phone. So I think there may be an issue with both the free/paid versions and the experimental versions.
I will check this today and be back with an update.
I'm using a K3s and will work on updating the config file for it in the next day or two.
Thank you for your support.

73 Dan YO3GGX
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

Ver 0.9-.17 the "Tune" button I created(see Elecraft post) turns "ON" on power up of the app. On ver 0.8 it is OFF at power up. Also, it seems that there is a bit of audio break-up on the new version, but it could be conincidental.

Gary
K3OS
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Gary,
K3OS wrote:Ver 0.9-.17 the "Tune" button I created(see Elecraft post) turns "ON" on power up of the app. On ver 0.8 it is OFF at power up.
I think this is a bug. 0.9.x version is designed to restore all buttons status at power up according with the latest status before the last power off."Tune" is a special button with a single state. This means that trying to restore the latest status, a tune command is executed. I will correct this. Thanks for the report.

Also, it seems that there is a bit of audio break-up on the new version, but it could be conincidental.
In version 0.9.x audio routine was changed only for the websdr client mode in order to do some kind of latency control, but in direct CAT there is no change. If you can confirm that you still get break-ups with the new version, then I will further investigate this.

73 Dan YO3GGX
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

I've just updated the Elecraft config file. In addition to the Tune issue, the shift reset to normal does not work with 0.9, but is OK on 0.8. BTW the S-meter doesn't display properly on 0.9, but I have little use for that function. To me, the SWR and TRANSMIT status are important. Would it be possible to poll and display the transmit status?

Gary
K3OS
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Gary,
K3OS wrote:I've just updated the Elecraft config file.
As soon as I understand why is not compatible with version 0.9.x I will post it to the central repository.
In addition to the Tune issue,
I will fix this asap.
the shift reset to normal does not work with 0.9, but is OK on 0.8.
Can you detail a little bit on this one?
BTW the S-meter doesn't display properly on 0.9, but I have little use for that function.
It displays normal in 0.8.x but not in 0.9.x??
Please detail. Maybe is a config issue.
To me, the SWR and TRANSMIT status are important. Would it be possible to poll and display the transmit status?
Yes, PTT status is a parameter that can be queried. Check the example in the Yaesu FT450 config.
CMD_READ_PTT=01,00,<STX;>,<R>,04,<00>,<00>,<S0=OFF;S1=OFF;S2=ON>,<00>

You need to adapt it to KX and then a add 'CMD_READ_PTT" to the POLLING line.

73 Dan YO3GGX
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

the shift reset to normal does not work with 0.9, but is OK on 0.8.
[/quote]
Can you detail a little bit on this one?

On further investigation this seems to work, if TUNE is not initiated on power-up. As part of of my startup routine it resets the passband shift to "normal" setting stored in the rig. Manually you do this by long pressing the SHIFT knob.
BTW the S-meter doesn't display properly on 0.9, but I have little use for that function.
It displays normal in 0.8.x but not in 0.9.x??
Please detail. Maybe is a config issue.
I don't get much S-meter. Occasionally one or two ovals will turn green.

Thanks for the info regarding polling transmit. I'll look into it.

Gary
K3OS