Experimental Pocket RxTx version (0.9) & jAReC 0.9

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Experimental Pocket RxTx version (0.9) & jAReC 0.9

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Gary,
K3OS wrote: On further investigation this seems to work, if TUNE is not initiated on power-up. As part of of my startup routine it resets the passband shift to "normal" setting stored in the rig. Manually you do this by long pressing the SHIFT knob.
This is because the tune command asynchronously sent at startup take some time to perform the tuning and during this period the transceiver does not accept any other CAT command.
I don't get much S-meter. Occasionally one or two ovals will turn green.
In your latest config, I see no read command defined for Elecraft, just some sample commands used by some Yaesu radios (available in the original file just as a template). In order to get any meter info (S, SWR, ALC, PWR or MOD), you need to define the corresponding READ commands and add them to the POLLING line.

73 Dan YO3GGX
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

the S-meter works on version 0.8, but not on 0.9 with the same config file.

Gary
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Gary,
K3OS wrote:the S-meter works on version 0.8, but not on 0.9 with the same config file.
Gary
In your latest config the feedback part looks like that:

; read commands format
CMD_READ_FREQ=00,00,00,00,03,<R>,<D87>,<D65>,<D43>,<D21>,<00>
CMD_READ_MODE=00,00,00,00,03,<R>,<00>,<00>,<00>,<00>,<00=LSB;01=USB;02=CW;03=CWR;04=AM;06=WFM;08=FM;0A=DIG;0C=PKT>
CMD_READ_SMETER=00,00,00,00,E7/<00001111>
CMD_READ_SWR=00,00,00,00,F7/<00001111>
CMD_READ_ALC=00,00,00,00,F7/<00001111>
CMD_READ_MOD=00,00,00,00,F7/<00001111>

I don't even see a POLLING=.... line, which is mandatory to read radio parameters.
The commands to read meters are from FT-817, so for sure don't work with any Pocket RxTx version and your KX3.

Can you please send me the config for 0.8.x that works with the s-meter?

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
K3OS

Post by K3OS »

Perhaps it's a locally derived audio level indicator. You have the file I'm using. I only added the few lines indicated and did not bother to look at the s-meter code. What I get on version 0.8 is a thin green line positioned where the s-meter is in ver 0.9 that moves in proportion to the audio level. :)

Gary
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Gary,
K3OS wrote:Perhaps it's a locally derived audio level indicator. You have the file I'm using. I only added the few lines indicated and did not bother to look at the s-meter code. What I get on version 0.8 is a thin green line positioned where the s-meter is in ver 0.9 that moves in proportion to the audio level. :)
Gary
This is strange. In version 0.9.x, the meter displayed blow the first memory buttons is configurable through a long click on that area. You can change between S-meter, ALC, MOD, SWR, PWR. Even if you define all of them in the config, polling routine read only the selected one. If you select for example PWR and you are in Rx mode, nothing is polled.

73 Dan YO3GGX
M1CTK

Post by M1CTK »

Greetings all, does anyone know why I can't get my ICOM 7300 to connect via 4G ? I am on Vodafone broadband and my mobile is on 3 here in the UK
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

M1CTK wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 am Greetings all, does anyone know why I can't get my ICOM 7300 to connect via 4G ? I am on Vodafone broadband and my mobile is on 3 here in the UK
Hi Dave,

Please provide more details about your broadband router. I will try to show you what's needed to be configured in order to get access over 4G from Pocket RxTx to jAReC.

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Dave,

I've seen your router configuration. You have 2 definitions for Pocket RxTx: TCP port 4444 and TCP port 1723. In order to use 1723 you need to check if PPTP server is not activated on the router. Next you need to add the TCP port for audio. You can do this by defining a range instead of a single port or defining a second rule for the audio port (4445 or 1723, depending which one is used).

73 Dan YO3GGX
do1di

Post by do1di »

Hello @LL,

Are there some Linux Freaks present?
I usually work with Linux.
And work with DAN's jAReC v0.9.0-17
I often have the problem that I have several times !!! Between the JAVA application and another program before I can select the USB0 codec.
see Picture...
Codec_linux
Codec_linux
codec_linux.jpg (8.83 KiB) Viewed 5264 times
I work with my Icom IC-7300 very much in digital modes such as FLDIGI, QSSTV, DRM, JT9 / 65 and so on.
All these programs run flawlessly and do not have this problem.
Does anyone have an idea what I can possibly solve the problem?
Hardware I can thus I think exclude, because all other programs run flawlessly.
To mention maybe, the SIMPLE laptop and same jAReC version under Windows seems to have no problem.
Codec_windows
Codec_windows
codec_windows.jpg (12.22 KiB) Viewed 5264 times
So if a Linux user has an idea, I would be happy.

Greetings from Germany
73 de DO1Di / Dieter
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Dieter,

Seems to be an issue related to the Java subsystem. Sometimes audio devices are not correctly recognized. I'm using both Linux and Windows versions of fldigi myself too and encountered the same problem with jarec on an Orange Pi Zero.
Please download a new experimental version of jarecmini (no GUI) from the link below:
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/jarecmini_v0.9.0-18.jar
and run it from the linux console with 'java -jar jarecmini_v0.9.0-18.jar' , without any config file.
Please post here the list of audio devices you get when you run it. Normally in the new jarecmini you can select the default audio device for both Input and Output, so check that the USB audio is the default one.

Please tell me the java runtime version installed on your linux computer.

In fldigi what audio subsystem is selected? (OSS, PortAudio or PulseAudio)?
Please check that the user running java has access to the selected audio device.

73 Dan YO3GGX