Kenwood TS-480 error ?

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
SQ7OVT

Kenwood TS-480 error ?

Post by SQ7OVT »

Hi all.
Recently I changed the radio TS-570 to TS-480 and tried to use the pocket RXTX with new transcever.
I use CAT with digtal interface if conect to pRXTX immediately it is shown is pressed PTT !!!
When I press the PTT on the screen, everything returns to normal state, but the speaker of the radio can be heard a loud sound as if informed by a error .. only works PTT switching and voice in both directions, you can not see frequencies or none button does not work.
I use V 0.9.0.1(test) it was checking the previous and jAReC 0.90 with XperiaZ1Compct (5.1.1)

edit:
after a more detailed check communication works like a one-way, the application can control the radio buttons act + eg. change of power, a change freq. etc. but not showing freq. on what is set to the radio all the time is a the hum in the speaker ie. the loud sound about which I wrote above

73's de SQ7OVT Slawek
Last edited by SQ7OVT on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Kenwood TS-480 error ?

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Slawek.

Please try version 0.9.0-3 from here:
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/experi ... .9.0-3.apk

After you install it reset the configuration file before use it.

Please post here if you try it.

73 Dan YO3GGX
SQ7OVT

Post by SQ7OVT »

Thanks Dan for the opportunity to test the new version, but unfortunately nothing had changed, of course I've done resset settings in the application.
Radio turns on while holding down the PTT right away when connected ... after pressing the PTT goes into listening to the buzz in the speaker.

73's de SQ7OVT Slawek.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Slawek.

Please be aware that the new version of Pocket RxTx needs the new version of jAReC (0.9) as this add some new feature as PTT over CAT, RTS or DTR.
Are you using the latest version of jAReC too?

73 Dan YO3GGX
SQ7OVT

Post by SQ7OVT »

Tnx Dan, if jAReC v0.90 is the latest to use this, and now I see that the app on the phone also is newer than this every 3 hours ago install on the phone so I use now v0.9.0-4
Continue this same problem nothing has changed in the application on the PC I set options for RTS and speed of 4800 baud rate because of such settings without a problem when the link to the CAT with HRD.

73's de SQ7OVT Slawek.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Slawek,

If you use the config from TS-570 it works as before?

73 Dan YO3GGX
SQ7OVT

Post by SQ7OVT »

so I use before the application of TS-570 but were times where it did not work yet audio (later have not tested the new version because of other reasons damaged the RS-232 port) enjoyed the original file config and also from the file who someone here put on forum and control was done correctly in both directions.

73's de SQ7OVT Slawek.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

I still don't understand.
If you use the TS-570 config with your new transceiver, it works as expected?

73 Dan YO3GGX
SQ7OVT

Post by SQ7OVT »

Sorry Dan I thought of asking whether I used before the application of TS-570.
TS-480 config file from the TS-570 works a little better because it works change freq. in both directions but when connecting to the moments pressed PTT and further is buzzing in the speaker and PTT runs not stable.
I've noticed that the app on my phone automatically assigns ports, audio and PTT same as for the connection TCP/IP, ie. 9876 for everything, so it has to be ?

73's de SQ7OVT Slawek.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

You need to set the same ports in jAReC and in Pocket RxTx.
Do you have the radio feedback activated in Pocket RxTx?

73 Dan YO3GGX