Icom 718

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
sm6usu

Icom 718

Post by sm6usu »

Hallo my name is Svante and callsign sm6usu. I have tried to setup Android Pocket tranciever but couldnt get it to work all the way First I have the Beta version 09-20 to 09.0-17 on Windows 10 . If I set the network mode to the 3 lines from up to down JAReC RigExpert WTI-1 and last Droid ARC All parameters on that setting side is avaible so good so far. When I push set and the power up I get Autentication time out and the jAReC remane yellow with no change. Step 2 set the network mode to first line nothing second line jAReC and last line RigExpert WTI-1 Then only hostname catport and security is avaible Not audio port no ptt port no Baudrate and not the square Audio with the speaker symbol
Now I have connection to my Icom and can change frequensy but no audio no ptt but the Jarec 09.0-17 is green and go to red when activate the ptt. But no Audio and no PTT function. So activate the version v0.8.1-1 and I get audio and ptt activates on my pc but no ptt activate the radio and the network link is also very unstable. So Is there any way I can listen to the station audio and activate the ptt in the radio I use network connection and I have a icom CT-17 usb CAT Control cable with drivers from miklor.com. I really want to run my radio remote if it is possible.
73 Svante sm6usu
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Icom 718

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Svante.
Yes, it must be possible.
Please send me the content of the file jsn.cfg (the configuration file for jAReC) and a screenshot of the configuration page for Pocket RxTx to take a look (both at 0.9.x version).

You cannot mix version 0.9.x and version 0.8.x, are not compatible. Both Pocket RxTx and jAReC must be at the same major level.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
sm6usu

Post by sm6usu »

Hallo again thank you for answer. Here is the screenshots
Hmmm no screnshots Ok anyway I have sent them by email to you as well.

The radio only accept 4800 baud and it is set to cv- Aut
Can rotate the frequensy and seems that all other functions
works to except no ptt no sound (PTT works on the computerscreen goes from green to red
but on radio nothing.
Svante sm6usu
#Wed Jan 03 08:18:23 CET 2018
bUseAuthentication=false
bUseEncryption=false
iPTTtimeout=30
sBaudrate=57600
sCATport=
sPTTport=
bAutostart=false
iPlayInterface=0
PTT=CAT
bRTSpower=true
bUseAudio=true
iRecInterface=2
sHSecret=
bDTRpower=true
nwPort=4532
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Svante.

I've seen in the jsn.cfg config file that you've set the Baudrate to 57600. You are sure the radio CAT Baudrate is set to 4800? Please send a screenshot of the Pocket RxTx configuration page too.

Thank you,
73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Svante,

It was an issue with the attachments to the forum. I hope now is solved.
I've received your screenshots sent by e-mail (attached).
Please do not use TCP ports lower than 1024, usually the ports below 1024 are reserved. The port used by CAT and the next one (used for audio) must be free on the PC where jAReC is running.
The jsn.cfg file and the screenshot from jAReC contains totally different configurations. Which one is real? In the GUI I see no CAT COM port selected.

You stated something about a CI-V CAT interface (CT17) used to control your radio. This interface is used for CAT only, soes not have audio support. Do you have a data interface too, with audio support, connected to your radio? If not, you have no way to pass the audio back to Pocket RxTx. Audio cannot be passed over a serial connection.

Regarding PTT, did you tried to press PTT when tuned on a frequency where your radio can transmit?

--
73 Dan YO3GGX
https://www.yo3ggx.ro
Attachments
jsn.cfg
(268 Bytes) Downloaded 260 times
Baud 4800.jpg
Screenshot jAReC.png
sm6usu

Post by sm6usu »

Hallo ok I found that I had 2 jsn.cfg so the one I copied to the forum was false of course. Ok that one is now deleted and I have a jsn wich compare good to the jAReC 09-17. But how do I find the port above 1024 to use I can change frequensy on port 1 but no ptt (on tranciever) but on pc. I have tried som 4 figures number without luck Cant connect to tranciever at all. Is there a way to find out wich port to use. I understand that my audio not will work. But in the 08 version I could here station in my Android. In the 09 I can adjust frequensy power and so on IF I use port 1 but no audio either way and no ptt.. ??
Svante sm6usu
sm6usu

Post by sm6usu »

Ok found it But no audio for listen and no ptt funktion on tranciever
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Please check if the CAT command for PTT in the radio config file is the right one for your radio.
73 Dan YO3GGX