Pocket RxTx version 2 is now available in Play Store

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Pocket RxTx version 2 is now available in Play Store

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Everybody,

Version 2 of Pocket RxTx is now available in Google Play Store, both free and paid versions.
The audio engine is fully redesigned for the Direct CAT mode, working now over UDP on the same port.

A lot of changes and bug fixes are available. Please check the updated user guide in the History section for the full list.

The new version is only compatible with jAReC 2, available for free on my web site.
Some new features for jAReC 2:
- you can now define system scripts that can be triggered from Pocket RxTx as any regular CAT command. This can be useful to control external devices, like antenna switches, tuners or rotators.
- a new "Monitorig" mode is available. You can easily test config files before sending the commands to the radio. More details in the jAReC 2 user guide.

As usual, please send me your feedback if you try the new version.

I'm working on a 30' presentation video (with voice this time) that will be posted on my YouTube channel in a few days,

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Pocket RxTx version 2 is now available in Play Store

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

Version 2.1 is now published in Play Store. This one adds call logging functionalities with QRZ database query support.
In the free version this feature is available only in WebSDR client mode.

73 Dan YO3GGX