A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
N7XGR

Re: A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Post by N7XGR »

Dan, I looked back and it was the b3 version that feedback was working fine without the APP crashing or graying out
but with the b4 and b5 versions is when the problems started. No different configs here since the b3 version.
Maybe a update feedback speed needs to be throttled back or increased. The LED in the b3 version was blinking very fast
but the b4 and b5 versions the LED was blinking slowly before everything grayed out.
In the b3 version the S Meter was keeping pace with the 7300's meter.
For the DATA mode if a button could be assigned with a popup to select either USB-D Fil2 or LSB-D Fil2 that would work A O K.
It looks like the Mode/Filter popup is very crowded already.

Bruce N7XGR
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Bruce,

I've added a new button in the config set 4, named 'DATA', with 4 commands: OFF, FIL1, FIL2, FIL3.
The only drawback is that if you change the mode, data goes to OFF automatically, but without changing DATA button status too. Anyway, you can then go to DATA and select it.
When the application starts, all the option buttons state are sent to the radio, in the button order, so if you close the app when in data mode and restart it, data mode will be kept.
A workaround is to define a MODE command as macro, with mode command and then data command in a single line. For this purpose I've defined 2 new modes:
LSB-D and USB-D, both with FIL2.
Tested successfully on my IC-7300.

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

N7XGR wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:35 am Dan, I looked back and it was the b3 version that feedback was working fine without the APP crashing or graying out
but with the b4 and b5 versions is when the problems started. No different configs here since the b3 version.
Maybe a update feedback speed needs to be throttled back or increased. The LED in the b3 version was blinking very fast
but the b4 and b5 versions the LED was blinking slowly before everything grayed out.
In the b3 version the S Meter was keeping pace with the 7300's meter.
For the DATA mode if a button could be assigned with a popup to select either USB-D Fil2 or LSB-D Fil2 that would work A O K.
It looks like the Mode/Filter popup is very crowded already.

Bruce N7XGR
I will check this as soon as possible. Anyway, this is very strange, as for me, even with with b5, feedback led is blinking very fast.
I need to find whats different in your setup.

73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

Hi Dan,

I installed new version 3.04b.
All function in version 2 is working great.
Import/export and modify config in running well.
I upgraded the Java app to 1.8 already.

But my recently problem as I told you before thats JArec in my computer looked working in unstable condition still exist.

First time running everything is fine. But after closed from remote, in a view minute after I can not connect again to my computer.

I see there is pop up menu in front of running Jarec application in computer that indicate the port is in use.
When I close this pop up menu, the Jarec app background become black color.
I try to close running Jarec app but did not work.
I try to look up in Task Manager to see what actually java app is still running, and try to shutdown Jarec but nothing to see.

The one way to overcome this issue just to restart the computer, but the problem will come again after one or two times remotely.

Would you advice what actually happened.
Thanks.

Nuril Mustofa YC1UTC
Attachments
20180807_091934.jpg
20180807_092016.jpg
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Nuril,

Please check version b5, posted this morning. I’m out of town for two weeks with no possibility to work on the app. I will fix everything on my return.

Thank you for your understanding.
73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

Hi Dan,

I will do that.
Have a great vacation.
Thanks.

Regards,
Nuril YC1UTC
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Thank you Nuril.
73 Dan YO3GGX
SM7IUN

Post by SM7IUN »

Given your holiday this is probably bad timing, but I'll post it anyway.

I just switched phone from Samsung Galaxy S6 Android 7.0 to Sony Xperia XZ2 Android 8.0.

With my FT-817 polling no longer works in CW mode, only in other modes.
It worked flawlessly on my Samsung with all modes. I however seem to remember
a similar issue a few years ago.

When I try the experimental b5 version I get frequent "Set to the closest available frequency!"
alerts and also here polling stops working when I select CW on the radio.

Any help would be appreciated. I love the app.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,
Unfortunately I cannot check your report on my FT817 now.
Usually you get that message if the app is not closed successfully. In version b5 you can select what parameter to get feedback for. In CW mode you don’t get feedback at all? Is the yellow dot in the upper left corner of UTC clock flashing?

73 Dan YO3GGX
P.S. Even during vacation, I will try to answer minimum one time per day.
SM7IUN

Post by SM7IUN »

The yellow dot is flashing quickly when in USB/LSB/Data modes but slowly when in CW mode.
When I disable polling, I can switch to CW on the phone, but with polling activated it quickly flips back USB.

It seems the app believes that the radio reports USB mode all the time. When I switch to CW on the
radio, polling seems to stop.

Björn