A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Post by yo3ggx »

Version b4 is now available for download.
More details in the experimental version history page:
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/experi ... index.html

73 Dan YO3GGX
N7XGR

Post by N7XGR »

Dan, I have installed the b4 version and updated the 7300 config.
The NR button does not work, instead it locks the VFO knob, I noticed this on the prior 7300 config.
I corrected this by changing the CI-V to turn the NR ON/OFF in the config file.
Right now it looks like this,
CMD_SET_NR_OFF=FE,FE,<A>,E0,16,50,00,FD
CMD_SET_NR_ON=FE,FE,<A>,E0,16,50,01,FD
It should be this,
CMD_SET_NR_OFF=FE,FE,<A>,E0,16,40,00,FD
CMD_SET_NR_ON=FE,FE,<A>,E0,16,40,01,FD
Change from 50 to 40, 50 is the VFO lock
The VFO lock button works to lock/unlock.
Could you put the NB button between the VFO and the NR button.
Could you please name a button for TUNER ON/OFF with CI-V CMD string and next to it a TUNE start, Fn3/5. TUNE,CMD_SET_ATU_TUNE=[Tuning...]
CMD_SET_ATU_TUNE=FE,FE,<A>,70,1C,01,02,FD
Another button to include is a COMP ON/OFF, Fn2/5 has a space.
I have noticed the LSB2 mode do an occasional change to AM1, have not tested other modes for this intermittent change.
This change does not seem to affect the reception, it is more of a flicker.
I notice that the radio feedback icon when you flip from portrait to landscape or the other way it deactivates to the red X.

Keep up the good work on this project Dan.

Bruce N7XGR
N7XGR

Post by N7XGR »

Dan, The 7300 config is looking very good with the extra menu choices but I see that several buttons
are still to be worked on by having commands for them. There is a new problem with I think is with this new config.
The 7300 powers on just fine but when I activate feedback this sequence happens.
For 10 seconds the upper left clock LED blinks slowly before it would blink rapidly. At the 10 second mark a popup indicating Connecting
then Powering on the radio then Powering off the radio. At that point the display goes gray. After 1 minute the display
is then active. When gray no buttons work especially the Power button. When active then the Power button works.
The other way is to go into the phone settings and force a stop of this APP If I keep the feedback deactivated it works A O K.
There is also no S meter action during the 10 seconds before those 3 popups appear.
I believe this is what is called Growing Pains but you will get there. I realize this is an experimental version and things
do go haywire but in time they can be sorted out.

Keep up the good work Dan and stay away from Transylvania if you can!

Bruce N7XGR
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Bruce.

Tomorrow I will post b5. Two new feature will be available: slider for the commands with continue adjustments from 0 to 255 (volume, mic, rfgain, vox gain, etc.) and user selectable feedback commands. You will be able to select from the GUI the parameters you need feedback for, from : FREQ,MODE/FILTER,SMETER, SWR-METER.
5 option button sets will be almost full.
I will keep up the work, for sure.

By the way, what Baudrate are you using with your IC7300?I'm doing all the tests with 19200.

73 Dan YO3GGX
P.S. Why? Transylvania is a very nice place, far from what you know from Dracula stories...:)
N7XGR

Post by N7XGR »

Dan, I too am using 19200. I was only kidding about the place, it must be quite a destination especially for Bram Stoker followers.
Radio Romania has a travel log for your country with all types of events and scenic get-a-ways promoting your country's tourism.
Those old thirty and forty movies gave Transylvania a bad rap, by the sound of what is portrayed on RRI it must be a great place
with lots of places to see and do.
Are you thinking for me to increase the baud rate so feedback works better? I just tested at 57600 but that problem is still there.
I also notice audio break ups, I am currently using my WiFi for these tests.

Bruce N7XGR
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Bruce,

No need to increase it. I will take a look at this too in b5, maybe I'm able to find something. Anyway. usually you don't need feedback for all defined commands.

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi everybody,

Version b5 is now available. What's new:
- sliders for commands accepting continuous values (ex. from 0 to 255)
- select desired parameters for feedback from the GUI, even all are defined in POLLING
- (solved bug) radio feedback setting not kept when changing orientation
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/experi ... index.html

Because in the following weeks I will not be able to work on the app, b5 installation is not forced when you runb4, so you must install it manually.
This means that both b4 and b5 are currently active.

Please send me your feedback it you test the new version.

In the next two weeks you may encounter delays in my answers, as I will be out of town, in a business trip.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
N7XGR

Post by N7XGR »

Dan, I just installed b5 version on phone and PC. The problem with the APP graying out after 10 seconds is still there with feedback ON.
I selected the S meter in the popup but when the main screen returned again no S meter action and the clock upper left
LED was blinking slowly then it grayed out. After 1 minute the screen returned to normal.
Will you have a 756 Pro 3 config version in the future?

Bruce N7XGR
N7XGR

Post by N7XGR »

Dan, Since I am using the USB connection for CAT and audio I/O this means that when I PTT from the APP
there is no TX audio because the 7300 and other Icoms need to be in USB-D or LSB-D mode.
When I am using WSJT-X it puts the 7300 into USB-D mode. The -D is a switch that cuts off the mic input
then the USB TX audio is routed to the modulator section thus bypassing the mic input circuits.
I have tried to edit the 7300 config file to get the 7300 into either USB-D or LSB-D mode but have been
unsuccessful. If I manually put the 7300 into LSB-D mode then I have the TX audio and resulting modulated power out.
I tried to edit both the LSB3 and USB3 CI-V CMD lines with a D added to the filter selection area like LSB3D and USB3D.
A recent firmware update allows the DATA mode on TX to be adjustable from the then before fixed TX filter width (2.7 KHz)
How can the config be edited to allow the DATA mode, it would only need a CMD setting for one LSB-D and one USB-D.
In DATA mode the 7300 RX filters for all three is user adjustable, so a filter2 will work just fine.

Bruce N7XGR
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Bruce,
N7XGR wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 pm Dan, I just installed b5 version on phone and PC. The problem with the APP graying out after 10 seconds is still there with feedback ON.
I selected the S meter in the popup but when the main screen returned again no S meter action and the clock upper left
LED was blinking slowly then it grayed out. After 1 minute the screen returned to normal.
I really cannot reproduce this behavior here. It must be something specific to your setup. I've left it for 2 hours without even a single disconnection.
Will you have a 756 Pro 3 config version in the future?
I've created a config for IC756PRO3, starting from the ic7300 config. Please try it if you can.

73 Dan YO3GGX