A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Post by yo3ggx »

I've seen your videos. You can post them directly here, in the forum, if you want.
It seems to be a bug. Regarding the beep, it can be an issue with the read command, I will check later today.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

yo3ggx wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 pm Hi Nuril,

Please check version b5, posted this morning. I’m out of town for two weeks with no possibility to work on the app. I will fix everything on my return.

Thank you for your understanding.
73 Dan YO3GGX
Hi Dan,

Long time not to see.

I tried as your advised. But I am still have experience as I told you before.
I use two different radio TS2000 and IC7300, both are working well at the beginning.
But unfortunately, after turn off the radio remotely for a view time, JAREC become unstable as explained.
So I believe there something problem in my computer, but I do not have idea what I should inspect since when I check with Task Manager there is no Java apps still running.
In other side computer still running without any problem issue.

Looking forward if there any advice.
Thank you.

Regards,

Nuril YC1UTC
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Nuril,

To better understand, do you have this issue with both Play Store and experimental versions?
Are you using the latest Java 8u181?
When the issue occurs, jAReC seems to be closed on the PC and you are trying to restart it?

73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

Hi Dan,

Previously everything is fine when I use Pro V2.0 and latest Java 8u181, I enjoyed your apps more than view months until something happened around 2 months ago.
It is happened without any changed in my computer since this computer stand by only for Jarec.

Now, I tried with new updated Java 1.8 and Jarec V3.05b, but the problem issue still comes up.

When computer in idle state it seemed computer tried to relaunch Jarec once again, unfortunately the running Jarec still active, so there is conflict using TCP port (CAT) as sawn in attached picture and the worst thing is the active Jarec can not be closed by normal instead of restarting computer.

Regards
Nuril YC1UTC
Attachments
20180807_092016.jpg
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Nuril,

Have you checked that in Control Panel > Devices the COM port does not have a yellow exclamation mark?
Looks like the COM port does not work as expected.
It may be too that another application is using the same port. COM port cannot be shared between applications.

73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

Hi Dan,

I checked that COM port work fine.
The computer after restarted Jarec work fine, it is mean that COM port work fine too.
Even though problem issue comes up, I checked COM port no exclamation mark in device manager

I think the Port in this issue is mean TCP Port (CAT).
When I close dialog box of "The port is in use", Jarec display color become black and TCP Port become blank which normally I use 53.
If I try to reenter with 53, the dialog box "The Port is in use" will come again.
Hope this explanation give better description. Thanks.

73, Nuril YC1UTC
Attachments
20180807_091934.jpg
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Nuril,

It may be that when this happen, jAReC is crashing in the main thread (handling the GUI), but the CAT thread is still running. This will keep the port in listening mode.
You stated in a previous message "When computer in idle state it seemed computer tried to relaunch Jarec once again, unfortunately the running Jarec still active". Who is trying to relaunch jAReC? Currently this feature is not available in jAReC, but only trying to restart listening when connection with Pocket RxTx is dropped. Do you use any kind of script for this?
You may try to check if some java processes remains active with Process Explorer (a good replacement for Windows Task Manager). You can download it from here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... s-explorer

73 Dan YO3GGX
do1di

Post by do1di »

Hy Nuril,

I hope I say nothing wrong?
but you have to select a port above 1024?!?

why do not you take the port 4525 or higher?

Greetings from Germany

73 de DO1DI / Dieter
SQ7OVT

Post by SQ7OVT »

@Nuril YC1UTC
I have the same once time, solved on my problem go to Task Manager, Proces Tab close JavaTM aplication and run again JaRec...
Best 73's de SQ7OVT
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

Dear Gentlemen,

I just back from my broken antenna, so I stay away from remote radio for awhile to fix that.

Many thanks for all ideas were posted, unfortunately no one can solve my issue.
So the final way I should reformat and reinstall again my computer.
Fortunately, now everything is good. No more pain.
Now is my time to try new Jarec version 3.05b.

Regards

73. Nuril YC1UTC