A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: A new experimental PRO version (3.0b) is now available for download

Post by yo3ggx »

This is very strange. I will check on my FT 817 when back home.

Thank you for the report.
73 Dan YO3GGX
SM7IUN

Post by SM7IUN »

Thanks. I think this may be related to Android 8. It works perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7.

Björn SM7IUN
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

For test purpose I have devices with Android from version 4.2 to 8.1.1.
I will check when back home.

73 Dan YO3GGX
ba7ib

Post by ba7ib »

Hi, Dan:
When I was run the new jARec on my raspberry 2B, it has something wrong:
20180820132416.jpg
or if a mini version is needed ?
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

You need jarecmini, not yet available. I will be back on Aug 29 and then I will build the mini version.

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.
73 Dan YO3GGX
ba7ib

Post by ba7ib »

yo3ggx wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:49 am Hi,

You need jarecmini, not yet available. I will be back on Aug 29 and then I will build the mini version.

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.
73 Dan YO3GGX
Roger
de ba7ib k
SQ7OVT

Post by SQ7OVT »

Hi all.
I use the latest version on the phone and PC with TS-480SAT, Huawei P9Lite Andr. 8.0 and choose TS-480SAT config.

- during start long time black screen before enter callsign
(it helps to press the power button 2 times and back to callsign window)
- after config direct CAT with my LAN if first start change freq. on my radio to 490 khz /LSB and 5W - in the earlier version, it probably was
(if start with TS-480 config - not SAT change freq. to 500 khz/ LSB 1W on Power window and synchronization options not available)
- synchronize (freq) from Radio ----> APK it works very slowly the other side is ok
- if change power on radio no change on power window
- if set synchronize CMD_READ_SWR and put PTT I hear the beep in the radio speaker
- SWR synchronize shows with delay or not at all
- The application works only once, I have to clear the memory to make it work again :(

These are my remarks can help in creating the application...

SQ7OVT Slawek 73's
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Slawek,

I need to better understand your sentences.
SQ7OVT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 pm - during start long time black screen before enter callsign
(it helps to press the power button 2 times and back to callsign window)
I don't understand this. This is something happening on your device or a feature request?
Callsign window must appear immediately at first application start.
- after config direct CAT with my LAN if first start change freq. on my radio to 490 khz /LSB and 5W - in the earlier version, it probably was
At first connection, the app send a set of commands according with the default values for each option button. For subsequent starts, the latest status is set by sending the commands according with the latest status for each option button.
(if start with TS-480 config - not SAT change freq. to 500 khz/ LSB 1W on Power window and synchronization options not available)
Synchronization option is available only if the corresponding read commands are defined and the "POLLING" parameter is set in the config file for that radio.
- synchronize (freq) from Radio ----> APK it works very slowly the other side is ok
This depends on the number of commands added to the POLLING list and the baudrate between jAReC and the radio.
- if change power on radio no change on power window
I don't understand this. You can see only one meter at one moment in time. You can select between WR, PWR, ALC and MOD (if defined in the config). You must check if the CMD_READ_PWR has the right format.
- if set synchronize CMD_READ_SWR and put PTT I hear the beep in the radio speaker
I don't understand this.
- SWR synchronize shows with delay or not at all
The new feedback routine is still not yet very stable. I'm working on it.
- The application works only once, I have to clear the memory to make it work again :(
Please detail. What do you mean by "work only once"?

Thank you for your feedback.
73 Dan YO3GGX
SQ7OVT

Post by SQ7OVT »

Tnx Dan for quick replay...
yo3ggx wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:09 pmCallsign window must appear immediately at first application start.
So if first start only - the window for entering the callsign will appear for a while and a black screen will appear
At first connection, the app send a set of commands according with the default values for each option button. For subsequent starts, the latest status is set by sending the commands according with the latest status for each option button.
I understand that the radio starts with some default settings, I checked it and if we change the frequency, power and eg mode one time, then the next time this data is saved OK
This depends on the number of commands added to the POLLING list and the baudrate between jAReC and the radio.
Bauddrate is set to 57600 as always and in other applications that work correctly, such as HRD - locally and RcForb - remotely
I don't understand this. You can see only one meter at one moment in time. You can select between WR, PWR, ALC and MOD (if defined in the config). You must check if the CMD_READ_PWR has the right format.
Power meter window is OK - it's about a window where the set power is shown, if I change in the application the radio will change, if I change into radio, in the window where the power is shown in the application does not change ... it is not something very important
I don't understand this.
I hear in radio speaker Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep... only if CMD_READ_SWR set but PTT works fine normally turns on and off
Please detail. What do you mean by "work only once"?
I checked this more accurately and I noticed that it behaves if all the parameters are set to synchronize and if we turn off the radio using the Power button in the application, when the application is restarted and the radio is turned on, this button connects to the CAT and immediately closes the application and over and over again until you clear the memory and configure the entire program from the beginning.
I will write it more accurately ... because I checked again
If we set one parameter for synchronization is OK, if two or more and turn off the radio, the next time the application is turned on, but when the radio is turned on using the POWER button in the application - the application will stop working, it will close and you have to clear the data in the application settings.

SQ7OVT 73's
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SQ7OVT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:27 pm So if first start only - the window for entering the callsign will appear for a while and a black screen will appear
This is something strange and must be related to your specific setup. Can you post a short video with this behavior?
Bauddrate is set to 57600 as always and in other applications that work correctly, such as HRD - locally and RcForb - remotely
As stated before, feedback with multiple parameters is still a work in progress. Did you tried to keep only frequency feedback? In the latest version this can be done from the interface.
The feedback is still slow?
Power meter window is OK - it's about a window where the set power is shown, if I change in the application the radio will change, if I change into radio, in the window where the power is shown in the application does not change ... it is not something very important
Currently power setting feedback is not supported, only freq, mode, meters (S, SWR, PWR, ALC and MOD) and PTT. The app was mainly designed for remote operation, not to operate from the radio.
I hear in radio speaker Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep... only if CMD_READ_SWR set but PTT works fine normally turns on and off
Again, can you post a short video with this behavior?
I checked this more accurately and I noticed that it behaves if all the parameters are set to synchronize and if we turn off the radio using the Power button in the application, when the application is restarted and the radio is turned on, this button connects to the CAT and immediately closes the application and over and over again until you clear the memory and configure the entire program from the beginning.
I will write it more accurately ... because I checked again
If we set one parameter for synchronization is OK, if two or more and turn off the radio, the next time the application is turned on, but when the radio is turned on using the POWER button in the application - the application will stop working, it will close and you have to clear the data in the application settings.
Now is clear, I will check this tomorrow on my setup and be back.

Thank you for your feedback.
73 Dan YO3GGX