Pocket RxTx v3.0 final is now available in Google Play Store

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Pocket RxTx v3.0 final is now available in Google Play Store

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I didn't tested resolutions below 800x480. 320x240 is a very old one, not used anymore for more than 10 years.
Did you tried to use landscape mode when you enter the frequency?

73 Dan YO3GGX
G4GOU

Post by G4GOU »

yo3ggx wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:46 pm Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I didn't tested resolutions below 800x480. 320x240 is a very old one, not used anymore for more than 10 years.
Did you tried to use landscape mode when you enter the frequency?

73 Dan YO3GGX
Landscape mode makes no difference, but I was actually surprised how well the app worked with such a small screen - I have now saved a few frequencies into the memory buttons, so I can jump around the bands and just use the + - buttons and dial for tuning rather than directly entering a frequency which is a good enough work around.
JJCale

Post by JJCale »

Congratulations to Dan for this new release. I always liked Pocket txrx, but this is a completely new version with tons of features to explore. In any case, considering the years of development and increasing support effort for this now quite complex sw, getting the paid version wasn't an issue for me.

What works great for me in the CAT mode is FT-817 control via USB with an old CT-62 cable. This doesn't work with my W10 notebook regardless of what Prolific driver I install, including really ancient ones, so that's nice.

What also works is my Ukrainian DC-3001 mini transceiver (CH340 UART) with the TS-480 Ptxrx setting, i.e. with a plain USB cable, and bd rate set to 57600. You need to start Ptxrx first though with the cable connected and then power the rig. Otherwise a series of audio blips starts that you can only stop by resetting the rig. PTT, bands, mode and frequency change all work as expected. It would be great to have a TS-440 config file, as specified for the DC-3001 CAT. Nothing fancy, probably a simple TS-480 subset.

What doesn't work is my new FT-817 BT module, but this seems a module issue (I have the version in the small black box on a 5cm cable). Pairing etc. works both with my tablet and my W10 notebook and the module LED will change from flashing to continuous. Ptxrx reports a successful BT connect, but the "on" button colour doesn't change and there is no interaction. The debug mode shows the sent commands (only). HRD on my W10 notebook doesn't recognize the serial interface either, although a BT serial connection shows up under "ports" in the W10 device manager (COM9).
Guess I need to try another BT module, will of course complain to the supplier.

Among my main feature requests, apart from the TS-440 config file, would be to have more memories, e.g. 5 per band. From what I understand from the documentation the number of memories in the CAT mode is user configurable, will need to experiment with this. Though probably a challenge to program, conjuring up further memory button banks by swiping the memory fields to the left or right would be superb. An Excel import/export would also be nice (or import from HRD), but I understand the config files are no longer accessible.

I'm currently using an old Android 5.1.1 - 7" tablet with a 1280 x 800 px resolution, to me a good compromise between size and portability.

Looking forward to future versions of this great piece of ham sw.

Ruediger, DF2GR
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Ruediger,

Prolific drivers are not so easy to be installed on Windows 10.

That Bluetooth module musy wotk with my application. Most probable is a Baudrate issue.
You may program the Baurdate following the procedure described in the following document at page 4.
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/btcat/FT8x7_DIY_B ... ace_v1.pdf
Set it to 38400 for best results with Pocket RxTx (same in the radio).

The number of memories is currently 8 per option buttos sets. As you can have as many sets you want, you can have an unlimited number of memoriees. In version 4 (planed for this autumn), you will have a single memory button and then a panel will be open with all the defined memories available, without option sets.

Thank you for your feedback.
73 Dan YO3GGX
iw0hjq

Post by iw0hjq »

Hallo,
I'm using the app to control my yaesu FT 950 but I've a very narrow band in RX with mode USER-L (must used to enable rear input and not MIC).
Before, with Yaesu FT 450 D, worked well…..
Can anyone help to me?

73' de IW0HJQ Pat
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Pat,

USER-L mode does not exist for FT950. For sure you are using the current config from the central repository?

73 Dan YO3GGX
iw0hjq

Post by iw0hjq »

Dan,
I use the last pro version and tried a Free version.....
Here the image of the mode selection.
The few bandwith is like the pkt /rtty button on the keyboard.
I not find any information about some filters in that mode.....
Thank you for the support!
Attachments
Screenshot_20190821-164531.jpg
iw0hjq

Post by iw0hjq »

Hallo Dan,
sorry, the version of the App don't was the last release, but the problem is the same:
I must use PKT mode to enable rear input but the audio width is not good.
I tried to set wide and wide2 in the second function Key without result.
the shortcut is use the front mic with another sound card ( I've the SCU 17) but in this time haven't a transformer to isolate the signal .
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm in a very busy period with no time at all for the app development.
To set bandwidth, the "SH" CAT command is used.
Parameters depends on mode, as in the following table:

You must set the parameters for the filters according to your needs. In the existing config, only the following values are used: 00, 01, 04 , 09 and 13. What other values you need?

73 Dan YO3GGX
OE3NFC

Post by OE3NFC »

Hello Dan, always great to see a new version with improvements!

Any plan to have the app included in Android Auto? Would be a perfect fit, FT857d hidden in the car somewhere, display of car (in my case BMW) to operate the radio!

Norbert