Pocket RxTx v3.0 final is now available in Google Play Store

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Pocket RxTx v3.0 final is now available in Google Play Store

Post by yo3ggx »

You can now download the latest version of Pocket RxTx (v3.0) from Google Play Store.
Both Free and Pro versions are available.

Pro version https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gx.rxtxpro.
Free version https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o3ggx.rxtx.

What's new in Pocket RxTx v3.0 Pro https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/doc30/ ... Version_30.
Differences between Pro and Free versions https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/doc30/ ... ro_vs_Free.

Please post in this thread any issue you may have with the new version.

73 Dan YO3GGX
do1di

Re: Pocket RxTx v3.0 final is now available in Google Play Store

Post by do1di »

Hi Dan,

even if I have (yet) no problems to report, I would like to contact you anyway. :lol:
the days over google playstore got the new update. I LIKE IT !!!

Can I now delete the "e" experimentally ?
and is (from old days) on the storage the prxtx directory no longer used?
had previously edited there with the Total Commander the config files.

Guess that this is only possible with Cfg IMG & Cfg EXP?
Otherwise, keep up the good luck and see you next time

73 de DO1DI / Dieter
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Dieter,

As soon as v3 was posted in Play Store, the experimental version was deactivated, so no reason to keep it installed, as is no more working.
Please read the updated user guide to learn how to import/export configuration files through jAReC. The files are no more directly accessible, as the permission to access photos and media files is no more requested.
I've received a lot of complains in the past from users not liking to allow this permission on their devices, so now is no more required.

I'm already working on a new cool feature to be added in v3.1. More details will follow in ~2 weeks from now.

73 Dan YO3GGX
ba7ib

Post by ba7ib »

Hi Dan,
As I have upgraded to jarecmini_v3.0.jar, it's running perfect on my raspberry 2B+ with rig of yaesu FT-817, many thanks to you make a great program.
But I has a problem : after I disconect from my phone , the java process crush without any infomation , than I needed to run command again: java -jar jarecmini_v3.0.jar &
Last edited by ba7ib on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

I will check this as soon as I'll be back home later in the evening.

Thank you for the report.
73 Dan YO3GGX
W8KRF

Post by W8KRF »

First, I love the final version (3.0-2). Everything is working fine with my TS-2000 except the TX audio (PTT). I use a SignaLink USB as the interface. The receive audio is great, but when I "slide" the PTT button and talk, the red light comes on on the SignaLink USB but there is no audio into the radio. The UI for jAReC v3.0b9 turns red and I see an indication of audio on the audio bar at the bottom. I've changed the TS-2000 audio levels using the Menu on the radio, I used various settings on the SignaLink. Nothing seems to allow the audio to go through the radio consistently. Every once in a while, I do get some TX audio but it is very intermittent and undependable. I have to be in the shack to know for sure.

Has anyone used this setup or have any suggestions on how I can get this to work. It is probably the SignaLink but I have no idea what to do to make it work.

Carl W8KRF
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Carl,

As you see the PTT led on the Signalink when Tx, I suppose you are using PTT over RTS. Did you checked that when you are Tx'ing in SSB with PTT over RTS the right audio input is used?
Do a simple check. Click on Tx in Pocket RxTx and try to talk in the radio mic. Do you have sound?

73 Dan YO3GGX
W8KRF

Post by W8KRF »

Hi Dan,

First, I have it working thanks to your suggestions. I was using CAT for PTT, so I set it to RTS using the same port as CAT and the PTT worked and I had audio but the radio shut down after about 10 secs. This happened consistently. So, just for fun, I checked DTS and everything is fine and the radio does not shut down and PTT works. The only thing I have to do is make sure the red led on the SignaLink is off before I release the PTT or the SignaLink will key and unkey the radio at a fixed interval. I have to press the PTT again, wait for the red light to go out and then release the PTT. I used both your UI PTT button and the Vol Up button on my phone as PTT. It did the same thing for both. As long as I wait for the SignaLink to unkey, all is good. I noticed that while the PTT is active, I get beeping from the radio. I assume it signifies that it is receiving commands from your app. Correct?

Thank you for your timely response and 73,

Carl W8KRF
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Carl,

What do you mean by "the radio shut down after about 10 secs"? Is about powering off, or about switching to Rx? If the last case, check the PTT timeout value in jarec.
If the radio is powering off, then try to disable radio feedback inside the app and check again.

Usually RTS is used for PTT and DTR is used for keying.
Take care that in jarec you can force RTS or DTR to 1 through the app Config menu. In Signalink case, check that both are unchecked.

The radio must not generate any beep when receiving commands from the app. Check first the RTS and DTR stuff above, it may be related.

73 Dan YO3GGX
W8KRF

Post by W8KRF »

The radio powers off. Neither RTS nor DTR is checked under the Config tab.

How do I shut off radio feedback? I notice beeping from the radio when I go from Portrait to Landscape display on the phone also. Actually, any time I press any of the buttons on the app, I hear beeping from the radio. It is really no big deal. I was just curious. It may be a Menu item on the TS-2000. I will check.

I am at a coffee shop right now and I am connected to the station at home and all appears to be working. I have remotely connected to the computer also so I can watch the jAReC UI.

Carl