Pocket RxTx v3.0 final is now available in Google Play Store

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Pocket RxTx v3.0 final is now available in Google Play Store

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Alex,

You just discovered a bug. Special "SQL" button does not work as expected. Instead of reading the Squelch command, is reading the command for the last used slider.
More, the slider command behaves completely wrong on FT991. The max value is 39% instead of 100%. As I don't have an FT991 anymore, I didn't tested until now. It works perfect with my IC7300.
I have to further dig on this issue and be back with an updated version in the following days.
Thank you for your help to discover this ugly bug.
In the mean time I've moved SQL function to the 3rd option button from the first set.

73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

Hi Dan,

Hope you are doing well.

I tried v3 for more than a week, that's great job.
I have experiences such as:

1. Jarec is working well since the beginning as long as the active communication exist. But once my remote phone disconnected, Jarec will change to not active (STOP) state, so it is not possible to connect remotely.
Please take a note that I use Windows 8.1 64 bit and latest Java installed

2. At the first loading PocketRxTx the position of the frequency display is not at the proper center until I rotate my handphone at least once, screenshot picture attached. I use Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

3. My personal opinion, I prefer your previous setup in v2 for the push button with selection only 2-3 option which you used toggle button methode such as button Fn 1/2 and other button, it is more simple especially when I should change the selection while driving.

4. When I use headset (with microphone), the working microphone only in my phone not in headset.

5. Is there any possibility to implement PTT by fisically remote such as bluetooth device?

Thank You Dan.

73 Nuril YC1UTC
Attachments
Screenshot_20190120-162413.jpg
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Nuril,

1. When disconnected from Pocket RxTx, jAReC must go back to listening mode. How is the link disconnected?
2. This happen only first time after installation or at each application start? From your picture it looks like the frequency is represented on two lines.
3. This was my design decision, because if more than 2 states then in order to go to the previous value you need to go sequential. In v2 to go back long press was used, but in order to simplify operation, I've decided to use selection panel for more than 2 values.
4. You are talking about wired or Bluetooth headset?
5. I'm already working on this for the next release, as I want to support Bluetooth Mike/Speaker combos like this one:
https://www.pni.ro/microfon-cu-bluetoot ... cu-bt.html

73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

Hi Dan,

1. Link is normally disconnected by turn off PocketRxTx app and exist.
2. It's happened every time app just started
3. Appreciate if you can change back to toggle button with sequential option.
4. Both wired and bluetooth headset have same response.
5. Thanks for on going project, hope will be realized soon.

Have a great day Dan

73. Nuril YC1UTC
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Nuril,
1. Is about jAReC or jarecmini? It seems to be an issue with jarecmini not returning to listening mode.
2. Did you tried to adjust the font size inside app? If you start when in landscape mode, the same happen? If yes, can you send a screenshot?
3. I do not intend to revert, as this change was well received by most of the users. What I will do is when you click on Fn button, to see the content of each set in order to be easier to select the right one.
4. I will check this on my setup. My expectation was that phone is managing what mic is used when you connect the headset.
5. Still not working yet (currently I can capture only click event), but I'm confident I will be able to find a solution. The behavior seems to be different for diferent Android versions.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi Dan,
I have loaded and tested your temporary ft 991 config file.
The one where you moved SQL function to the 3rd option.
What strikes me is that the squelch at start is set to 0 and also whenever I choose a different preset frequency. Every time I set the squelch, and choose another preset button (M1-M16), the squelch is set to 0 again.

The SQL slider now goes up to 39 which corresponds to 100% squelch level on the ft991A.

I thought I am reporting this because you are still investigating this squelch slider option.

73, Alex PD1AX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Alex,

Please save again the memories based on the current buttons allocation, otherwise the previously saved value for that button will be used.

I am aware about the bugs in the FT-991 slider mode, will be solved in the next release. For a strange reason, this bug does not appear with other radios (like IC7300).

73 Dan YO3GGX
YC1UTC

Post by YC1UTC »

yo3ggx wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:47 am Hi Nuril,
1. Is about jAReC or jarecmini? It seems to be an issue with jarecmini not returning to listening mode.
2. Did you tried to adjust the font size inside app? If you start when in landscape mode, the same happen? If yes, can you send a screenshot?
3. I do not intend to revert, as this change was well received by most of the users. What I will do is when you click on Fn button, to see the content of each set in order to be easier to select the right one.
4. I will check this on my setup. My expectation was that phone is managing what mic is used when you connect the headset.
5. Still not working yet (currently I can capture only click event), but I'm confident I will be able to find a solution. The behavior seems to be different for diferent Android versions.

Thank you.
73 Dan YO3GGX
Hi Dan,

Sorry for late feedback due to my absent on my radio for a while.

1. I use jAReC not jarecmini. At a moment after PocketRxTx turned off Jarec will go to listenning mode but after a while (time cannot be predicted) Jarec will change to stop/unlistenning mode.

2. I think no need to change to font size, this issue only at every first time PocketRxTx started but when I rotated the phone to landscape and back to portrait the font size is looked fine. Some screenshoots of first started screen, ratoted in landscape and back to portrait attached.

3. It is fine, I am agree there is no issue when I use in stationary. I just should give more attention when I should make selection menu while driving. :)

4. Looking forward your next update. I believe using mic in my headset will help to reduce backsound noise (always reported eventhough I reduced mic level in computer setup) while driving though all car windows were closed.

5. Hopefully you will be succeed in near future. :)

I always get feedback from other ham that when I push my PTT it is heard "noise/cracking sound" instead of just "click sound", it is looked like difficult how to say. :)

Thank you Dan. Have a great weekend.

73. Nuril YC1UTC
Attachments
Screen rotated to landscape
Screen rotated to landscape
First screen started
First screen started
Screen turned back from landscape
Screen turned back from landscape
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Nuril,

1. I've found a bug in jAReC. If the COM port is disconnected for any reason, you need to restart jAReC in order to be able to connect again, not being able to go to listening mode again. Please check if this is the case in your situation.
2. I have another report with this issue, but unfortunately I was not able yet to reproduce it here. Please provide more details about Android version and device display resolution, to try this in an emulator.
3. Don't use the screen when driving, is not forbidden by the law? :) Anyway, the proposed change will be implemented in the next release.
4. Ok.
5. I hope so.

I think I know the reason for the noise/cracking sound. The audio stream contains some trailing noise from Rx when clicking on PTT. I will try to solve this too.

In the mean time I've worked hard to a new feature in jAReC, useful to define and test SET and READ commands. This will help a lot users to validate and add new commands. I need this as in the next Pocket RxTx release (3.1) , feedback engine will be completely redesigned. You will get permanent feedback for all the parameters that are controlled through the option buttons. I hope that user experience will be improved a lot.

Thank you for your feedback.
73 Dan YO3GGX
G4GOU

Post by G4GOU »

Hi,
I installed Pocket RxTx v3.0-2 onto my Inrico T320 which I use for Amateur radio use when I am out of the Shack etc. It's great as it has a PTT button on the side.
I found the App worked really well with one exception. The T320 has a small screen with a resolution of only 240x320 and if I attempt to enter a frequency directly, the overlay extends beyond the bottom of the screen cutting off the C and Enter keys making entry impossible. It would be nice if the overlay could fit the screen.

73 Mike G4GOU