Can not find the pRxTx files or directory on my phone

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
pa3vos

Can not find the pRxTx files or directory on my phone

Post by pa3vos »

Hi Dan,

for some strange reason I am not able to find the pRxTx files or directory on my Samsung S7. no matter how I search. I tried Total Commander, and File Manager. I even connected my phone to my PC to explore my phone in regard to the files. I alway have been able to find the files with all above mentioned options on my previous Samsung S6...
Any suggestions??

73's
Fokko
PA3VOS
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Can not find the pRxTx files or directory on my phone

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Fokko,

Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't receive the notification from the forum about a new post.
You cannot see it in version 3.x, as now is in the protected storage used for applications. You can have access to the config files only through the Import/Export functions, together with jAReC.

This change was required in order not to ask anymore for permission to access Media and Photo files, which is considered by many users a "dangerous" permission.

73 Dan YO3GGX
MysticFire

Post by MysticFire »

Hi Dan

I am struggling with the new Format of Import Export

Whenever i import my changed files back with jAREc 3.0 to the actual PRTX from PlayStore. The Changes seems not to appear. I try to improve my further Config File (Power Settings at the Moment) after checking with the ft8x7 eeprom App.

The old Way to have the Files on the Phone accessible without Root was way Better. Even the Ability to make quick Changes on the Phone. Now i have to use a damn Computer even if i need another Stepsetting for some Frequency Ranges. Please fix that.

73 de MysticFire DD1JP
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

Please be aware not to change the default file name when importing back in Pocket RxTx. If you have a better file than the one in the repository, you can send it to me to make it as the default one.
The old way reuired to give permission to access Photos and Videos on the smartphone and this permision generated a lot of concerns about privacy.
I'm working hard on version 4, a major update for both jAReC and Pocket RxTx. You will have a config file builder/editor in jAReC where you will be able to test all functions before sending back to Pocket RxTx.
You will be able to copy the file directly too.

73 Dan YO3GGX
MysticFire

Post by MysticFire »

Hi Dan

Thanks for your response. Seems 4.0 will solve alot of struggle. I don't know if my new file is better than the actual one because not able to test it in prxtx. Work it on the power settings but still the old Power Button not the new ones appeared. The ft8x7 eprom app showed 009b as memory. So i need to put 009a into file? Is that correct? I remember your example in the info File where you made from 0095 a 0094. And is "WE0094..." still proper beginning of those Lines.

Best 73 de MysticFire DD1JP
MysticFire

Post by MysticFire »

And for the original files I didn't renamed them i kept the original name but it still doesn't work
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

In v4 the config file is simplified, but with a lot higher flexibility.

In the FT8x7 EEPROM you can write only 2 locations in the same time (16 bit). This is the reason for 0094.
Please wait a few days for the beta version of jAReC v4, where you can directly test all commands directly from jAReC (with the new config file syntax) without transfering them to Pocket RxTx. As soon as you find the right one, you can modify v3 config accordingly. Pocket RxTx v4 will not be available in less than 2 months, but jAReC v4 (backward compatible with Pocket RxTx v3 too) will provide you the flavour of the new v4 Pocket RxTx. jAReC v4 can be used for radio control directly too, as a standalone product.

73 Dan YO3GGX
MysticFire

Post by MysticFire »

Thank You Dan

Than i will wait for it and then I did it right because I modified the second byte like you did in the example. then I'll wait for version 4 because it's easier to do stuff there. 73 and maybe we hear us on the frequencies made it last year to the radio Amateur license even to the big one maybe we hear us one day on the twenty meters.

73 de MysticFire DD1JP
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Please send me an e-mail, to add you to the distribution list for jAReC v4 beta.
73 Dan YO3GGX
MysticFire

Post by MysticFire »

Send it to your Forum Inbox