Pocket RxTx V3.0 Pro - How to edit RADIO Flies

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Chris.G3YTU

Pocket RxTx V3.0 Pro - How to edit RADIO Flies

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

I have been using the V3.0 Pro and would like to learn about how to edit the radio configuration file to add new commands or change the existing ones.

I have now watched the latest U Tube Video about the Pocket RxTx v2 several times and I am reading through the Pocket RxTx v3 PDF User Manual which provides most of the information I was seeking although I do find the Network connection with the computer and Jarec a little complex and a few more examples would be helpful.

The direct USB connection using an OTG (On The Go) USB A to USB Micro or Mini for the Android device is the simplest interface to experiment with as you don't have so many settings and possible problems.

I have noticed that with the default IC-7100 Configuration File the radio starts up with all sorts of odd setting such as DUP- and PAMP1 etc.... How are the default radio settings established and saved?

Any help and advice would be appreciated as I am just beginning with this project.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: Pocket RxTx V3.0 Pro - How to edit RADIO Flies

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Chris,

In version 3, all the available settings in the radio config are set to the first value from the list when you first run the application.
As soon as you set them to the desired value and disconnect, all parameters are saved in the memory location 0 and loaded when the application is started again.

In version 4 I'm working on, the application will load current parameters from the radio at startup.

Hope this nswer your question.
73 Dan YO3GGX
Chris.G3YTU

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

Dear Dan
Many thanks for your reply and I look forward to the new version 4 when it is available. Thank you for your software and also the projects. I have just made a small donation to help with your website and projects.

Chris
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your contribution to further development and support. I have big plans with the app, but my available time is very limited, so things are going a little bit slower than desired.
To edit the files you must use export/import features in Pocket RxTx and jARec. As in a previous version I've received complains from some users about permission request to access files on your device, as being a privacy issue, I've decided to give up on this permission (allowing to access the files by simply connecting the phone over USB) and use file transfer over the network.

For jAReC v4 alpha versions, check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=644

73 Dan YO3GGX
Chris.G3YTU

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

Dear Dan
Thank you for the new version of jAReC which I will test out.

jAReC v3.0 - I have reinstalled Java 281 in Windows as there was an error and the Export Files option works fine to transfer radio files to the computer but Network Connection still crashes. Files are below.

Many thanks
Chris
Attachments
Pocket RxTX V3 Pro - Bluetooth Symbol Shown not Network Symbol
Pocket RxTX V3 Pro - Bluetooth Symbol Shown not Network Symbol
Screenshot_20210305-120153.jpg (572.58 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
Pocket RxTx V3 Pro - Network Configuration
Pocket RxTx V3 Pro - Network Configuration
Screenshot_20210305-115205.jpg (341.54 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
hs_err_pid4140.log
Java Error File
(29.62 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
jsn.cfg
jAReC v3.0 Configuration File
(334 Bytes) Downloaded 97 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Chris,

Can you please try to use a port over 1024? Usually the ports below 1024 are system ports.
Is COM10 the one assigned to the Enhanced Port?

73 Dan YO3GGX
Chris.G3YTU

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

Dear Dan
I have tried with Port 1500 but still the same result with jAReC v3.0 crashing. The COM10 Port works fine with the USB FTDI to 3.5mm Mono Plug adaptor when connected to the Android Tablet via an OTG adaptor cable. I will continue investigation later this afternoon.

Many thanks for your advice.
Chris
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Chris,
Chris.G3YTU wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:32 pm The COM10 Port works fine with the USB FTDI to 3.5mm Mono Plug adaptor when connected to the Android Tablet via an OTG adaptor cable.
I don't understand your sentence. In Android, you don't see the serial port as a numbered COM port.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Chris.G3YTU

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

Dear Dan
My apologies you are correct. The Android displays the available USB Serial Interface 0403:6015 FTDA FT230X Basic UART which works fine.

jARec v4 - I have installed jAReC_v4A3 and extracted the files in the java zip file to C:\java and then opened up a CMD box with administrator rights and used the command line you provided but get the following message. Do I need to setup a path command in the environment variables?
Attachments
Java CMD.JPG
Java CMD.JPG (33.79 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi Chris.

Replace:
path_to_jAReC.jar\...
with your real path to jAReC_v4A3.jar file, like for example:

C:\jAReC\jAReC_v4A3.jar