jAReC crashes upon connection from Android pRxTx

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
VA3MCT

jAReC crashes upon connection from Android pRxTx

Post by VA3MCT »

I have just downloaded pRxTx from Google Play Store and also jAReC from your site and also the latest Java from Oracle.

pRxTx Jan 30,2019 version Pocket RxTx Free from Google Play
jAReC v3.0 from your site running on Windows-10 64-bit
Oracle Java 8 Update 281 (64-bit) from Oracle directly

Connecting to a Yaesu FT-991 via the USB cable that offers CAT control on COMx port and Audio.

Android phone is a Samsung Galaxy A8 running Android V9.

All devices are within the same network (no VPN or anything to get in the way).

Having set up both jAReC and pRxTx I try to do the power on using the long press and immediately the jAReC window will close.

I have tried running the jar file directly by clicking on the jar file within Windows, from a cmd line using the options in the documentation.

I have tried with and without Audio, with and without Security, but it always crashed the jAReC.

Sometimes pRxTx will say Connected, but the frequency is completely wrong, all buttons are still greyed out and the Connected wording just stays on the screen.

Any suggestions on next steps?
Chris.G3YTU

Re: jAReC crashes upon connection from Android pRxTx

Post by Chris.G3YTU »

Hi
Just found similar problems with same versions of jAReC and Java - I will have a further look tomorrow and let you know if I get it working. Hopefully another expert will come to our help.
Chris
VA3MCT

Post by VA3MCT »

I'm glad I am not alone. As a new user, you always wonder if it is something in the way I have this configured.

I have also retested with jARecMini with the same results.

And also on two different laptops.

Mike VA3MCT
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Mike, Chris,

I've tried again here with java 8_281 64bit version from Oracle and I cannot reproduce your issue.
I'm connecting to a FT450D using a SCU17 data interface, as I know similar with the one integrated in FT991.
j181.png
j181.png (47.7 KiB) Viewed 997 times
Can you please send me a screenshot of the network config page in Pocket RxTx and the jsn.cfg file from jAReC to take a look?
You can mask sensitive login information.

Version 4 of Pocket RxTx/jAReC (I'm working on) will use openjdk11 and openjfx11 instead of java runtime from Oracle.

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Let's move the discussion to the other topic open by Chris.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=640&p=1844#p1844

I will close this one, not to create confusion.

73 Dan YO3GGX