jAReC version 4 beta versions

Here we discuss about both jAReC and jarecmini
SY1DAL

Re: jAReC version 4 beta versions

Post by SY1DAL »

yo3ggx wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:04 pm jAReC version 4 beta 8 is now available for download. This include all the features planed for version 4.0.
Please play with it and send me your feedback.

NOTE: Updated user guide is not yet available.

Download jAReC v4.0b8 (jar file) https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v4/jAReC_v4b8.jar
Download jAReC v4.0b8 (portable x64 Windows version file) https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v4/jAReC_v4b8.zip
What's new https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v4/whatsnew.html

Hope to be enough intuitive to use it even with a user guide.
Currently the only tested configuration files are available for Icom IC-705 and Yaesu FT-450.

73 Dan YO3GGX
So far so good Dan. Testing the normal version... i had some issues with the portable version.
Will keep it running now (the non-portable version) .... i used this command in a .bat (batch file)

c:\java\bin\java.exe -jar --module-path c:\java\javafx\lib --add-modules javafx.controls C:\Users\SY1DAL\Downloads\ham-laptop-bck\Tranceivers-app\JarecV4b8\jAReC_v4b8.jar

let me know please if its ok or if i have to modify something in this command line.

Sometimes i have a small glitch while pressing the PTT on the mobile app... (i will explain another time) - but this issues is not related to Jarec :)

Best 73s
Attachments
the way it is setup now on my pc
the way it is setup now on my pc
capture-jarec-v4b8.PNG (61.39 KiB) Viewed 918 times
https://qrz.com/db/sy1dal
.:: Jimmy Sy1Dal ::.
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

After the first time.... i closed the app.

Then reopened the app.... and now when i click on power on button from pocketrxtx.... it connects first.... and after couple of seconds JAREC crashed and closes.

Should i check the firewall just incase ?
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Added the app in firewall too... but still the same problem... i dont understand... why it worked the first time... and now its not.

So i am going back to jarec v3 for now.... as its more stable in that part... I honestly don't know what to do.... and i am willing to offer access to my PC via anydesk so perhaps you can check yourself Dan.

I am sure i can trust you :)
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Perhaps.... i have a small idea of why this might be happening. But again not sure.

I will try to describe it here.

On the configuration of version 3 i have actually don't allow the radio to turn off when i click the power button on pocketrxtx and the reason is because i want the radio to be kept always on .

So on v3 (which with my custom configuration works ok) whenever i open the mobile app and press the red button to connect... it just connects to the radio without executing the command to power-on . At the same time when i press again the red button from mobile app... it simply disconnects from jarec v3 without powering-off the radio.

I want the same logic to be applied on v4.... not sure tho if this is what causing the app to crash.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

jAReC v4 has the option to power on or power off the radio at connect/disconnect or not. Check "Other parameters" in the configuration builder. You have the parameters ONCONNECT and ONDISCONNECT.

What error message do you get in the console when the app crashes?
What is your issue with the portable version of jAReC v4, the recommended way to run it on a Windows platform?

From all my tests, v4 looks more stable than v3.

73 Dan YO3GGX
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

yo3ggx wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 am jAReC v4 has the option to power on or power off the radio at connect/disconnect or not. Check "Other parameters" in the configuration builder. You have the parameters ONCONNECT and ONDISCONNECT.

What error message do you get in the console when the app crashes?
What is your issue with the portable version of jAReC v4, the recommended way to run it on a Windows platform?

From all my tests, v4 looks more stable than v3.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Good morning Dan

Well my mistake perhaps is that when I download the ft450 configuration file afterwards I connect from pocketrxtx and go to extras and send cfg file . Not sure if this is right.

I didn't know about the "other parameters" menu. Will check and see .

On v3 I manually edited the cfg file .

As for error message I cannot see it because when it crashes it closes so fast and I can't see it.

Ad for the portable version I will check again and let you know.

Will post new message again after some tests and configuration Changes.

Best 73s
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:48 am Well my mistake perhaps is that when I download the ft450 configuration file afterwards I connect from pocketrxtx and go to extras and send cfg file . Not sure if this is right.
The v4 configs are not to be used with Pocket RxTx v3.x, so you don't have to send anything.
I didn't know about the "other parameters" menu. Will check and see .
My mistake.
These parameters are to be used only for when connect to jAReC v4 server from jAReC v4 client, or directly control the radio from jAReC v4. Configuration Builder is dedicated to v4, cannot be used in v3 compatibility mode.
On v3 I manually edited the cfg file .
Yes, you must edit the config used by Pocket RxTx.
As for error message I cannot see it because when it crashes it closes so fast and I can't see it.
If you created a startup script, just add a pause (Windows) or sleep (Linux) at the end to be able to see the messages from the console. If you run portable version it on Windows, use run_debug.bat instead of executable to get a debug console.
I'm more interested in how the new version work in native v4 mode, not with Pocket RxTx v3 (kept only for backward compatibility). The same core engine will be used in jAReC v4 and is easier to test all features and debug them on a PC than on an Android device.

73 Dan YO3GGX
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Good morning Dan,

I have added a debug file just incase. I see that in direct mode it works excellent .

Some minor glitches in the needle after i set it to PWR and switched to FM mode so i can see the max power
being transmitted . Also tested SWR and needle was as well ok ...but sometimes there are some glitches.

For example in PWR meter, most of times it was showing 100W (to be precise it was approx. 99W) - and sometimes the needle was going 0W. But only minor times...
The same happened with SWR, sometimes it was showing 1.1 or 1.2 which was ok according to setup and then suddenly sometimes needle was showing 0.0 .

I edited the file ft450 configuration of v4b8 which was location here:
C:\Users\SY1DAL\Downloads\ham-laptop-bck\Tranceivers-app\JarecV4b8\jAReC_v4b8\bin\configs\v4

and added modified these two parameters:

ONCONNECT=SET_POWER=ON
ONDISCONNECT=SET_POWER=ON

so the radio will always be kept ON when i press the CONNECT button from PocketRXTX when i open OR close the mobile app.

Let me know what else tests i could do Dan.

Best 73s
Attachments
debug.txt
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Now to describe an issue which i am not sure if its related to Jarec ....

Having Jarec v4b8 in server mode (v3) compatibilty mode... i open the windows app
(non portable) and it goes yellow color, so it waits for connection.

I open pocketrxtx and connect.... it connects, on windows PC i see message "authenticated" ... and after
couple of seconds.. it shuts down.... and also the mobile app disconnects as well with a message on screen "powering off the radio" . The same happens on the portable version.

So i run the run_debug to see error messages... i have attached image screenshot.

Any ideas Dan ?
Attachments
debug.png
debug.png (24.12 KiB) Viewed 900 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 am Some minor glitches in the needle after i set it to PWR and switched to FM mode so i can see the max power
being transmitted . Also tested SWR and needle was as well ok ...but sometimes there are some glitches.

For example in PWR meter, most of times it was showing 100W (to be precise it was approx. 99W) - and sometimes the needle was going 0W. But only minor times...
The same happened with SWR, sometimes it was showing 1.1 or 1.2 which was ok according to setup and then suddenly sometimes needle was showing 0.0 .
Does this happen when you connect remotely or directly to the radio?
Currently if a parameter read from the radio does not change, interface is not updated, with the exception of meter, which goes to 0. This may be the case. Maybe I have to revisit the meter smoothing mechanism.
You can observe this in Configuration builder, If you send command "READ_SWR", the current value is displayed on the meter for a few moments, then automatically goes slowly to 0.

In FM mode, the power is constant during Tx, so the meter may go to 0. I will change this in the next release.
I edited the file ft450 configuration of v4b8 which was location here:
C:\Users\SY1DAL\Downloads\ham-laptop-bck\Tranceivers-app\JarecV4b8\jAReC_v4b8\bin\configs\v4

and added modified these two parameters:

ONCONNECT=SET_POWER=ON
ONDISCONNECT=SET_POWER=ON

so the radio will always be kept ON when i press the CONNECT button from PocketRXTX when i open OR close the mobile app.
I already modified the FT450 config in the repository for this purpose.

73 Dan YO3GGX