jAReC version 4 beta versions

Here we discuss about both jAReC and jarecmini
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: jAReC version 4 beta versions

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:03 pm I open pocketrxtx and connect.... it connects, on windows PC i see message "authenticated" ... and after
couple of seconds.. it shuts down.... and also the mobile app disconnects as well with a message on screen "powering off the radio" . The same happens on the portable version.
Yes, I've discovered a bug related to the modulation meter that is available only in native v4 modes.
Is already fixed. v4b9 will be released later today with some small changes and bug fixes.

73 Dan YO3GGX
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Yes, I've discovered a bug related to the modulation meter that is available only in native v4 modes.
Is already fixed. v4b9 will be released later today with some small changes and bug fixes.
Ok nice ... i am glad i could help in discovering that :)
Does this happen when you connect remotely or directly to the radio?
Currently if a parameter read from the radio does not change, interface is not updated, with the exception of meter, which goes to 0. This may be the case. Maybe I have to revisit the meter smoothing mechanism.
You can observe this in Configuration builder, If you send command "READ_SWR", the current value is displayed on the meter for a few moments, then automatically goes slowly to 0.

In FM mode, the power is constant during Tx, so the meter may go to 0. I will change this in the next release.
Yes it happens with directly connection to the radio and not remotely. Perhaps you could smoothen the meter a bit... As for the TX power...specially in FM or AM modes.... the meter when in PWR should always be kept there when PTT on.
I already modified the FT450 config in the repository for this purpose.
Oh that is nice... but would this be ok for all users ? I mean... this sort of configuration which is in my preference might not be OK for another user of pocketrxtx... Unless you could perhaps add a toggle for that in settings menu of Jarec ... something like "Keep Radio ON while connecting ?" . So when this toggle is enabled... it will automatically update the configuration file. If not, then the defaults values will be kept - which means they will be empty.

Best 73s
Jimmy
https://qrz.com/db/sy1dal
.:: Jimmy Sy1Dal ::.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:26 pm Yes it happens with directly connection to the radio and not remotely. Perhaps you could smoothen the meter a bit... As for the TX power...specially in FM or AM modes.... the meter when in PWR should always be kept there when PTT on.
Already solved in 4b9 (to be published later this evening)
I already modified the FT450 config in the repository for this purpose.
Will be user configurable in 4b9.

73 Dan YO3GGX
ea1hg

Post by ea1hg »

Hi, I'm EA1HG Ismael, I love the program and I had a suggestion or idea. Would it be possible to put the option that to be able to select that it was in the foreground? in other words, it could always be seen on top of any program. This option is interesting to be able to put the screen on top of the logbook and it does not disappear as we enter or log in indicative. So it will be fantastic to be able to see the signals without having to look away from the pc screen and to be able to report signals at the same time that we put callsign in the book.
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Will be user configurable in 4b9.
I think that will be most perfect.

So i will wait until B9 is published :)

Just only out of curioucity... check the picture... its of course related to pocket-rxtx but was wondering what that empty box does there in the app.... is it for something for future updates ?

Best 73s
Jimmy
Attachments
Screenshot_20211012-095023.png
Screenshot_20211012-095023.png (216.02 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

ea1hg wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:46 pm Would it be possible to put the option that to be able to select that it was in the foreground? in other words, it could always be seen on top of any program. This option is interesting to be able to put the screen on top of the logbook and it does not disappear as we enter or log in indicative. So it will be fantastic to be able to see the signals without having to look away from the pc screen and to be able to report signals at the same time that we put callsign in the book.
Good Idea.
Is already included in v4b9 to be published later this evening.

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:05 pm Just only out of curioucity... check the picture... its of course related to pocket-rxtx but was wondering what that empty box does there in the app.... is it for something for future updates ?
Is a status info bar, where some messages are displayed, but in v4 will disappear, as it's eating valuable screen space.

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Version 4b9 was published and first post updated.
For what's new and download link check: https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v4/whatsnew.html

73 Dan YO3GGX
SY1DAL

Post by SY1DAL »

Is a status info bar, where some messages are displayed, but in v4 will disappear, as it's eating valuable screen space.
Ok Dan, good to know... and its in indeed wasting space there as it can be useful to re-arrange stuff on the main area of screen to perhaps add more features / buttons :)
Version 4b9 was published and first post updated.
Wow... that was fast. I will download to start tests. One question. What is the run command to simply run the .JAR file ? i remember from the primary main post of the topic, you have a command there, but in the portable version inside the debug batch file you have a different command line.

As soon as i have news from the tests i will write here my results.

Best 73s, Jimmy
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

SY1DAL wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:46 am One question. What is the run command to simply run the .JAR file ? i remember from the primary main post of the topic, you have a command there, but in the portable version inside the debug batch file you have a different command line.
This depends on the platform (Windows/Linux) and how java is installed/used.
If you use run_debug.bat from the portable version, you don't need java to be installed at all. Everything is self contained in the portable package. If you run the executable directly, you are missing the debug console.

For Linux or Windows with preinstalled java (openjdk11-jre or 14-jre) and openjfx, use the command from the first post with the jar file, adjusting the folders according to your own setup.

73 Dan YO3GGX