pocketrxtx update

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Ari

Re: pocketrxtx update

Post by Ari »

I can't delete it. When I tried to increase the ptt volume up, it worked and I was also able to remove it. Volume up / down worked at the same time as the ptt button, but only the volume up I was able to delete. I hope you understand what I mean, I use google translator, hi.
w2phl

Post by w2phl »

What happened to CFG import/export?!
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

w2phl wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:54 am What happened to CFG import/export?!
In v3.1 you can just connect the device to a computer and find the files in Explorer:
\Internal shared storage\Android\data\ro.yo3ggx.rxtxpro\files

This is specified in the what's new web page:
https://www.yo3ggx.ro/pocketrxtx/31/whatsnew.html

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Ari wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:11 pm I can't delete it. When I tried to increase the ptt volume up, it worked and I was also able to remove it. Volume up / down worked at the same time as the ptt button, but only the volume up I was able to delete. I hope you understand what I mean, I use google translator, hi.
As soon as you define a new PTT KEY the previous definition is automatically removed.
I still think your configuration file is corrupted. Did you tried to do a reset through OPT > SYSTEM > RESET?

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

I made the phone to factory settings, I deleted everything. i downloaded an updated version of googleplay, without a separate setting volume down acts as a ptt button and cannot be removed.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Ari wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:08 pm I made the phone to factory settings, I deleted everything. i downloaded an updated version of googleplay, without a separate setting volume down acts as a ptt button and cannot be removed.
This behavior cannot be explained. Currently the definition is in the app config file, that is stored in an internal folder, not accessible by the user. This config file is deleted when you reset the application through OPT > SYSTEM > RESET.

To help solve your strange issue I will move the pttkey definition in the radio profile file that is accessible through Windows Explorer when you connect the smartphone to a PC.
I will push this evening the new version (3.1.1) to Play Store, with some other small changes.

As soon as available for download I will post a message here.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

If yesterday's update should have helped the radio start, then it didn't help me, the radio won't start with the new version, the old one will work. Is jarec server v.4 ready, should it work with the new pocket 3.1.1. I don't have it with the old or the new, when I open it so the pocket does have a connection, but nothing happens, the jarec is open but dark. I'll stay using jarec v3 as well as the pocket old version as long as it works, my skills aren't enough anymore, hi.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

I have confirmation from several testers that Power On / Power Off works as expected in v 3.1.1.
I've personally tested on IC7300, IC705 and FT450. For sure you set "RADIO ON~OFF" to BOTG i Pocket RxTx OPT > EXTRAS?
You can use jAReC v4 with Pocket RxTx c3.x,, but in v3 compatibility mode.
What about the PTTKEY definition?

73 Dan YO3GGX
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

By the way.
Checked again and IC7000 does not support Power On/Off over CAT. You said that this was working for you with the version 3.0.
How was this possible?

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

I tried today to download pocketrxtx to my wife's phone, it has power off / on works as it should, but ptt volume down the same problem. The wife's phone is Xiaomi, their own phones where the power is not working are ulefone armor, nomu t18, sony as well as chinese tablet. In the old version, all of these features work just fine. I have put the power on the action.