pocketrxtx update

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
Ari

pocketrxtx update

Post by Ari »

Hey. I downloaded the pocket rxtx update from google play, now many functions don't work. Where can I get the old version back. I am using ic7000.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Re: pocketrxtx update

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello.
I was forced by Google to remove the old version and to make some changes required by the new Play Store policies.
What exactly is not working for you?

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

Radio startup does not work when I start pocketrxtx. I selected the volume down button to act as ptt, I can no longer delete that function. I've tried all the options in the extras menu but nothing helps.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

In 3.1 you must select automatic RADIO ON or OFF from the OPT>EXTRAS>RADIO ON~OFF menu. Is no more automatic by default.
To disable the defined PTT key, follow the same steps OPT>EXTRAS>PTTKEY , press the same key and then click on CLEAR.

Tested again here on my IC7300 and is working as expected.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

I also tried another android phone, same situation. The radio shuts down successfully but does not start. Auto control radio on/off is set radio on. Yes, the shutdown is successful when setting is radio off. Similarly, the ptt setting cannot be removed from the volume button. In the old version, those function work.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

I was able to reproduce the POWER_ON issue on IC705, but the PTT KEY disable is working without issues.
Is already fixed and I will send the update to Play Store this evening.
What happen if you follow the procedure to remove the PTTKEY assignment? What is not working?
I want to know if is something else to fix.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

I can't delete the set ptt button. I do as I always did in the old version, (Press hardware key to be used as ptt or to be cleared) I press Clear and everything seems to be ok. Still, ptt still works on the volume button.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Nothing changed in the way PTTKEY works in v3.1 and for me is working as expected on every device I've tried.
Did you try to reset the configuration file? It may be an incompatible configuration inherited from the old version.

In v3.1 you can access the configuration files when you connect your device to a Windows PC.
\Internal shared storage\Android\data\ro.yo3ggx.rxtxpro\files\Radios

You must have a file named ic7000.prf.
If you don't want to reset, remove PTTKEY definition from that file.

73 Dan YO3GGX
Ari

Post by Ari »

Nothing has changed. I downloaded the new 3.1 v today, the radio still won't start. I have tried a new and old jarec, another computer, does not work. I think I have done everything right.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Ari wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:53 am Nothing has changed. I downloaded the new 3.1 v today, the radio still won't start. I have tried a new and old jarec, another computer, does not work. I think I have done everything right.
Hello,

Didn't pushed yet a new version that fix the power on issue, waiting for your feedback regarding PTTKEY.
Is working now?

73 Dan YO3GGX