ICOM756 Control

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
w2hff

Re: ICOM756 Control

Post by w2hff »

Dan:
I just got it working. I didn't test this closely before, but the transmit audio is not from the PC but from the mike. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks

Howard
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Usually this happen by default if you use PTT over CAT. I suppose you must use PTT over the ACC connector through RTS or DTR pins.
What interface are you using with your IC-756?

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Hi Dan:
As we discussed, I am using a U5 link to control. It works fine on FT8 and PSK31 with the appropriate software, so I have good connections to my PC from the rig. I am using RTS for PTT. I can see the transmit audio on the graph on your ap, but nothing makes it to the RIG. I have the correct audio devices selected in JAReC v4.05_i18. Also, remember that I still have the issue that I have to connect the AP in CAT and switch to RTS after the phone connects or I can't get it into transmit.

Thanks,
Howard
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, for an unknown reason I was not notified about a new post in this thread.

Let's try to solve first "Also, remember that I still have the issue that I have to connect the AP in CAT and switch to RTS after the phone connects or I can't get it into transmit". It may be related and the PTT to be still over CAT. This is the only explanation I have currently.
If you set PTT over RTS and then click click on START (without selecting Autostart) you still get that error?
Do you have the same issue with jAReC v4 in direct control mode?

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Dan:
No problem, I appreciate the reply. I hope to resolve this in the next week, since I would like to use the setup when I am away 1/1/2023 for a few weeks. To answer your question, jAReC V4 works only in V3 mode, only when in CAT, in RTS I get the error. The same happens in Direct mode. However, this is a less important issue then the audio.

Happy Holidays,
Howard
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Howard,

Let's concentrate on jAReC v4 in direct control mode.

As stated in my previous post, most probably the two are related, so if we solve the PTT over RTS issue, audio will work too. From what I see, U5 is using a FTDI chip. Can you connect the interface to a PC and read VID:PID for the USB serial interface chip (from Computer Management > Ports), right click on your U5 interface > Properties > Details and select from the list Hardware IDs.

If you select PTT over RTS and click on "START" are you getting first the message "Waiting for the PTTT port to be available ..." before "Cannot start with an invalid PTT serial port selection"? Take care to not press on START before PTT port (COM7) goes green.

Did you try to connect U5 directly to your smartphone over USB and use Pocket RxTx v4b4 to connect?

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

I got these events:
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service FTSER2K for Device Instance ID FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+A50285BIA\0000 with the following status: 0.

Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service Serenum for Device Instance ID FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+A50285BIA\0000 with the following status: 0.

I don't understand the USB connection method.

I am not getting wait for PTT port before the error message on v4.0.5_j18, but I do see it on v4.05_j8.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

I will try to find an FTDI based adapter with the mentioned VID/PID to test here.
73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Thanks! Have a great holiday and a happy new year!
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Happy New Year!
73 Dan YO3GGX