ICOM756 Control

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
arttuli

Re: ICOM756 Control

Post by arttuli »

Hey. Believe that it works for you, not for me. Tried ic7300/ic756pro2/ft857 now. There is no way to control the radios with pocketrxtx v4.0b4 when I use jarec v.4.0.5. The radio does connect and the audio works, the s meter also shows correctly, but the radio does not obey cat commands, so I cannot use the functions of the radio, e.g. ptt. When I use direct connection, then everything works, but not via Android. And all the settings are correct, I also tried on two other PCs. When I use v4.0b4 older jarec v4.0.4 I can control the radio. Everything else works on it except the Band change. When I try to change the band, the radio switches to the cb band on the frequency 27.225 fm. And this happens on all the radios I mentioned above, on different PCs and on different Android phones. These problems do not exist when I use pocketrxtx v3.1 and jarec 3.0. I can't figure out what is causing all this, it just doesn't work even though everything is correct. I know that jarecv4.0.4 settings can be changed by going to cfgbuild settings, but I don't dare to do that, because I don't understand anything about them.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello,

Do not use jAReC v4.0.5 with Pocket RxTx v4b4, use only jAReC v4.0.4.
v4.0.5 I've sent you was just a test for the PTT over RTS issue.

Is jAReC v4.0.4 working in direct control mode with your IC7300? If not(yet), then do not try with Pocket RxTx v4b4 as it is useless (incompatible config files).
No need to change anything in the configuration file.
So, to clarify, jAReC v4.0.4 is working for you in direct control mode, including audio?

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

jarec v4.0.4 and v4.0.5 work in direct mode. I haven't tested the sound yet. when I tried to work in client mode, the sound sometimes worked. Most of the time, it has been difficult to get the sound to work. I'll test that again.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

arttuli wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:21 pm jarec v4.0.4 and v4.0.5 work in direct mode. I haven't tested the sound yet. when I tried to work in client mode, the sound sometimes worked. Most of the time, it has been difficult to get the sound to work. I'll test that again.
Please drop v4.0.5 as it was just a test. Final 4.0.5 will be released together with Pocket RxTx 4b5. If v4.0.4 is working as expected in Direct control mode (including audio), then we can go further and test with Pocket RxTx v4b4.
There is a function in jAReC v4b4 that will help you to test audio between the two applications (Audio Loopback).

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

yo3ggx wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:43 pm Hello,

Do not use jAReC v4.0.5 with Pocket RxTx v4b4, use only jAReC v4.0.4.
v4.0.5 I've sent you was just a test for the PTT over RTS issue.

Is jAReC v4.0.4 working in direct control mode with your IC7300? If not(yet), then do not try with Pocket RxTx v4b4 as it is useless (incompatible config files).
No need to change anything in the configuration file.
So, to clarify, jAReC v4.0.4 is working for you in direct control mode, including audio?

73 Dan YO3GGX
I've now tried with different systems, but I can't get the sound to work in direct mode, nor in client mode. With the first version v.3 something, I was able to move the sound in client mode, with the later v4 it has not been successful.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

arttuli wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:56 pm I've now tried with different systems, but I can't get the sound to work in direct mode, nor in client mode. With the first version v.3 something, I was able to move the sound in client mode, with the later v4 it has not been successful.
Did you checked first with jAReC v4.0.4 in direct mode, to see if audio is correctly setup between jAReC and the radio?
In jAReC v4.0.4/ Pocket RxTx 4b4 you have a feature named Audio Loopback that can be used to test if audio is correctly setup between jAReC and Pocket RxTx.
Check that both Pocket RxTx and jAReC are set to use Audio over TCP.

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

Hey. pocketrxtx audio works, I meant client mode. When I try to use the client mode on the laptop, I can't get the audio to work. Even in direct mode, I can't get the audio to work. I think all the settings are correct. Maybe there is something wrong with my hardware.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

arttuli wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:03 am Hey. pocketrxtx audio works, I meant client mode. When I try to use the client mode on the laptop, I can't get the audio to work. Even in direct mode, I can't get the audio to work. I think all the settings are correct. Maybe there is something wrong with my hardware.
This is really strange. So audio is working from Pocket RxTx v? through jAReC v?

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

works between pocket rxtx v4b4 and jarec v4.0.4